-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Tools/Eclipse/Reverse Engineering problem
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:12 pm 

I've installed a fresh copy of Eclipse 3.4.2, and Hibernate Tools. I have successfully set up and new project wit the cfg.xml and a console connection to my db. I can see the tables and columns in the hibernate view. I also successfully set up a reverse engineering file. The problem is, when i click on the Hibernate icon on the toolbar, I only get the following options:

Run as -> none applicable
Hibernate Code Generation Configurations
Organize Favorites

Any ideas? (configs below)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-configuration PUBLIC
"-//Hibernate/Hibernate Configuration DTD 3.0//EN"
"http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-configuration-3.0.dtd">
<hibernate-configuration>
<session-factory>
<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">org.postgresql.Driver</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.password">pass</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:postgresql://localhost/mydb</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.username">user</property>
<property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect</property>
</session-factory>
</hibernate-configuration>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-reverse-engineering PUBLIC "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Reverse Engineering DTD 3.0//EN" "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-reverse-engineering-3.0.dtd" >

<hibernate-reverse-engineering>
<table-filter match-schema="public" match-name="forms"/>
</hibernate-reverse-engineering>

Post subject: Re: Hibernate Tools/Eclipse/Reverse Engineering problem
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:39 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

What are you trying to do ?

Generate code ? Then click on the "Hibernate Code Generation Configurations" and create one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:55 am 

thanks max! it's been forever since i've worked with eclipse (or java at all), and the dialog box that comes up with you go to the configurations looked to me just like a general info box, not something that could be actually be used. reveng worked fine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:30 pm 

Even though I'm a very experienced Eclipse user, please explain exactly how one gets to "Hibernate Code Generation Configurations". It is not in my run configurations or anywhere else I have looked. I cannot find where to set up for reveng at all. I have no Hibernate icon in the toolbar, but my Eclipse configurations indicates that "Hibernate Tools for Eclipse", Version: 3.2.4.v200910211631N-H194-GA is installed.

I have just freshly installed Ganymede Classic and the JBoss Tools as of today. There is no Hibernate icon to be seen, there is no hint of any reverse engineering tools available whatsoever, even after I have a connection to the appropriate DB working and a brand new Java project created. Tell me exactly, in great detail please, the exact steps one intiates to get to a point where I can start seeing hints or UIs for reverse engineering.

After that, I'm hoping that what will be generated are entities and DAOs that are JPA-annontated and using the HibernateTempate stuff. Thank you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]