-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: hibernate search (general question on xml format)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:00 am 
Regular
Regular

I currently know hibernate search uses 3.0.1. GA uses annotation. However I generally think from architechure perspective it is better to put these kind of configuration in xml. I want to keep my domain object (clean and readable).

So i have three question.

1.) What was the benefit of putting it using annotations?

2.) Will their be future release using xml setting?

* added *
3.) How come 3.0.1 GA is in jboss repsoistory but not in maven main ibiblo ?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:04 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hello,

Quote:

I think it is just about taste; personally I like the annotations most as they are quite synthetic and don't pollute the domain object too much; also it becomes part of it, it is IMHO more unreadable to have to open several files to understand how the model looks like. Just a personal view; Also I think people looking at your model could forget about the fulltext options in a separated xml file and make inappropriate changes. It is more focus-oriented: when you need to change the model the source file contains everything you have to read, instead of having information scattered around;-)

Quote:

Everybody agrees it would be nice to have the possibility to use xml too and have it override the annotations; many have volunteered to code it but have disappeared.

Quote:

Maven support is work in progress...

P.S. I'm not one of the experts who designed it, I just happen to know the answer for 2 and 3; 1 is personal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:04 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hello,

Quote:

I think it is just about taste; personally I like the annotations most as they are quite synthetic and don't pollute the domain object too much; also it becomes part of it, it is IMHO more unreadable to have to open several files to understand how the model looks like. Just a personal view; Also I think people looking at your model could forget about the fulltext options in a separated xml file and make inappropriate changes. It is more focus-oriented: when you need to change the model the source file contains everything you have to read, instead of having information scattered around;-)

Quote:

Everybody agrees it would be nice to have the possibility to use xml too and have it override the annotations; many have volunteered to code it but have disappeared.

Quote:

Maven support is work in progress...

P.S. I'm not one of the experts who designed it, I just happen to know the answer for 2 and 3; 1 is personal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:07 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

http://www.hibernate.org/443.html

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]