-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Filtered collection with @Where
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:04 pm 

Hi,

My goal is to fill up following collection and select only the row which has latest date.
I tried @Where and @WhereJoinTable as well. Got two kind of errors. First is ora-01799
"a column may not be outer-joined to a subquery"
second is ORA-00904 "Invalid identifier".
I spent a day to find out how to do that without luck.
Any ideas are welcome.

Code:
@OneToMany(fetch = FetchType.EAGER)
    @JoinTable(name="HRP_BBMCHI07", joinColumns = {
        @JoinColumn(name = "COMPANY", referencedColumnName = "COMPANY", insertable = false, updatable = false),
        @JoinColumn(name = "BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM", referencedColumnName = "TORZSSZAM", insertable = false, updatable = false)
    })
    @Where(clause = "VALTDATUM in (select max(VALTDATUM) from HRP_BBMCHI07 F where F.FELETTESTORZSSZAM=FELETTESTORZSSZAM AND F.BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM=BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM AND F.COMPANY=COMPANY  group by valtdatum)")   
    List<HrpBbmchi07> felettes;

Regards., Sandor

Post subject: Re: Filtered collection with @Where
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:02 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Szia Sandor,

One issue is the use of EAGER:

Code:
@OneToMany(fetch = FetchType.EAGER)

Don't do that! It's very bad for performance, and that's also the cause of your issue:

Quote:
a column may not be outer-joined to a subquery

Now, going back to your mapping. The difference between @Where and @WhereJoinTable is that the former applies the HrpBbmchi07 table while the latter to the intermediary table in a many-to-many relationship.

In your case, you are better off using @JoinFormula:

Assuming the Parent entity table where the @OneToMany annotation is now stored is called PARENT:

Code:
@ManyToOne
@JoinFormula(
        "(HRP_BBMCHI07.COMPANY = PARENT.COMPANY AND HRP_BBMCHI07.BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM = PARENT.TORZSSZAM AND VALTDATUM in (select max(VALTDATUM) from HRP_BBMCHI07 F where F.FELETTESTORZSSZAM=FELETTESTORZSSZAM AND F.BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM=BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM AND F.COMPANY=COMPANY  group by valtdatum))"
)
private Parent parent;

Now, the @OneToMany becomes:

Code:
@OneToMany(mappedBy = "parent")
List<HrpBbmchi07> felettes = new ArrayList<>();

Vlad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:35 am 

Hi,

Thanks for the useful advices. I have couple of questions need to be clarified.

For better understanding my scenario.
I have a parent entity (HrpBbstorzs https://pastebin.com/TCrVJBGT) which is for employee data and a collection need to be filled up (HrpBbmchi07 https://pastebin.com/4Re7g7Xr) which contains managers belong to particular employee.
Employee can has more than one manager and managers can have multiple employees.

Should I put this relation into HrpBbmchi07 entity ?

@ManyToOne
@JoinFormula(
"(HRP_BBMCHI07.COMPANY = PARENT.COMPANY AND HRP_BBMCHI07.BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM = PARENT.TORZSSZAM AND VALTDATUM in (select max(VALTDATUM) from HRP_BBMCHI07 F where F.FELETTESTORZSSZAM=FELETTESTORZSSZAM AND F.BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM=BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM AND F.COMPANY=COMPANY group by valtdatum))"
)
private Parent parent;

If so and

@OneToMany(mappedBy = "parent")

is kept in HrpBbstorzs then the following error occurs.

org.hibernate.AnnotationException: A Foreign key refering hu.bluesystem.hrportal.model.HrpBbstorzs from hu.bluesystem.hrportal.model.HrpBbmchi07 has the wrong number of column. should be 2

This is why HrpBbstorzs has composite key with 2 columns and in other hand HrpBbmchi07 has 3 of them (valtdatum is the third).

TIA,

Sandor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:35 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Code:
This is why HrpBbstorzs has composite key with 2 columns and in other hand HrpBbmchi07 has 3 of them (valtdatum is the third).

In this case, then keep thee @JoinColumn on the @ManyToOne side:

Code:
@ManyToOne
@JoinColumns({
        @JoinColumn(name = "COMPANY", referencedColumnName = "COMPANY"),
        @JoinColumn(name = "BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM", referencedColumnName = "TORZSSZAM")
})
@Where(clause = "VALTDATUM in (select max(VALTDATUM) from HRP_BBMCHI07 F where F.FELETTESTORZSSZAM=FELETTESTORZSSZAM AND F.BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM=BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM AND F.COMPANY=COMPANY  group by valtdatum)") 
private HrpBbstorzs hrpBbstorzs ;

And on HrpBbstorzs:

Code:
@OneToMany(mappedBy = "hrpBbstorzs")

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:00 am 

Works but my collection did not get filtered. Still contains two records :(.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:14 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

What's the logged JDBC statements. Try enabling SQL statement logging.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:19 am 

This is what I have now in HrpBbmchi07

Code:
    @ManyToOne
    @JoinColumns({
        @JoinColumn(name = "COMPANY", referencedColumnName = "COMPANY", insertable = false, updatable = false),
        @JoinColumn(name = "BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM", referencedColumnName = "TORZSSZAM", insertable = false, updatable = false)
    })
    private HrpBbstorzs bbstorzs;

And here is the sql statement:

Code:
select felettes0_.COMPANY as COMPANY2_27_0_, felettes0_.BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM as BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM1_27_0_, felettes0_.VALTDATUM as VALTDATUM3_27_0_, felettes0_.BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM as BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM1_27_1_, felettes0_.COMPANY as COMPANY2_27_1_, felettes0_.VALTDATUM as VALTDATUM3_27_1_, felettes0_.FELETTESNEVE as FELETTESNEVE4_27_1_, felettes0_.FELETTESTORZSSZAM as FELETTESTORZSSZAM5_27_1_ from HRP_BBMCHI07 felettes0_ where felettes0_.COMPANY=? and felettes0_.BBM_BBST_TORZSSZAM=?

It seems to me that @Where annotation completely ignored in this case.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:35 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

It looks like a bug. You should create a replicating test case and see if it happens with Hibernate 5.2, and then open a new Jira issue.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:05 am 

I use latest 5.2.12.Final.
I created a test case as you recommended. Filled up some test data but I can't model the use case. My persistent bag (felettes) in HrpBbstorzs is empty.

Would you please have a look this: https://github.com/sfeher/hibernate-test-case-templates

TIA,

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]