-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: ClassCastException: QueryKey cannot be cast to CacheKey
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:15 am 

I get a ClassCastException when I try to do the following:
Map cacheEntries = sessionFactory.getStatistics().getSecondLevelCacheStatistics(regionName).getEntries();

Any pointers to what could be wrong here?

I am using:
Java 1.6
Hibernate 3.5.3
GWT 2.0

I get the same exception when I use EhCache as well. However, I was expecting Hashtable cache to work.

My second level cache config is
<!-- second-level cache related properties -->
<property name="cache.provider_class">org.hibernate.cache.HashtableCacheProvider</property>
<property name="hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache">true</property>
<property name="hibernate.cache.use_structured_entries">true</property>
<property name="hibernate.cache.use_query_cache">true</property>

The stack trace of the exception
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.hibernate.cache.QueryKey cannot be cast to org.hibernate.cache.CacheKey
at org.hibernate.stat.ConcurrentSecondLevelCacheStatisticsImpl.getEntries(ConcurrentSecondLevelCacheStatisticsImpl.java:57)
at xx.server.util.HibernateUtil.printCacheStatistics(HibernateUtil.java:68)
at xx.server.staff.ManageStaffServiceImpl.searchStaff(ManageStaffServiceImpl.java:147)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:562)
... 22 more

Post subject: Re: ClassCastException: QueryKey cannot be cast to CacheKey
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:10 am 
Regular
Regular

Hi sunesh,

This is a problem in Querykey.java in hibernate. Try to decompile the file from hibernate.jar & replace the file checking the instance of check before getting the values.

Visit here for more information.

http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... e/HHH-2021

Cheers!
Shynate
mailto:shynate26@gmail.com
www.CSSCORP.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:36 am 

Thanks.

I was aware of the bug, but my understanding was that it was resolved in Hibernate 3.3, and I am using version 3.5.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:49 am 

Hi Sunesh,
I am facing the same problem. Whther did you find solution for avioding this exception.

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.hibernate.cache.QueryKey cannot be cast to org.hibernate.cache.CacheKey
at org.hibernate.stat.SecondLevelCacheStatistics.getEntries(SecondLevelCacheStatistics.java:74)
at com.adenyo.app.adserver.controllers.CacheManagerController.manageCache(CacheManagerController.java:90)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.HandlerMethodInvoker.doInvokeMethod(HandlerMethodInvoker.java:710)
at org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.HandlerMethodInvoker.invokeHandlerMethod(HandlerMethodInvoker.java:167)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:414)
at

Please let me know if you have a solution. Or whether you had applied any patch.

My hibernate version is
3.3.2.GA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:49 am 

I am facing same issue in hibernate ver 4.1.4

Is there any workaround or fix to this issue?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:23 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hibernate 4.x is no longer under development. You need to try it with 5.2 as the bug might have been fixed a very long time ago.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]