-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: About warning of "Establishing SSL connection without ser.."
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:37 pm 

I use eclipse 4.5 with STS 3.7.2 in Java8 and tried to use MySQL, I got message as below when compile it, I compared my project with other projects, the application.properties and pom.xml no big difference, but those projects don't show these warnings, I want to know why and how to avoid it.

Code:
2015-12-29 11:26:22.111  INFO 3349 --- [           main] o.hibernate.jpa.internal.util.LogHelper  : HHH000204: Processing PersistenceUnitInfo [
   name: default
   ...]
Tue Dec 29 11:26:22 JST 2015 WARN: Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate verification.
2015-12-29 11:26:22.408  INFO 3349 --- [           main] org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect            : HHH000400: Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect

Post subject: Re: About warning of "Establishing SSL connection without ser.."
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:39 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

That's from the MySQL JDBC driver. If you don't want to use SSQL you can disable it by adding ssl=false in the connection property URL:

Code:
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/MyDB?useSSL=false

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:11 am 

mihalcea_vlad wrote:
That's from the MySQL JDBC driver. If you don't want to use SSQL you can disable it by adding ssl=false in the connection property URL:

Code:
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/MyDB?useSSL=false

Though this is a way to avoid warning, but I want to know why other projects no warning even if they don't use this parameter? can you explain for me?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:34 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I have no idea. You'll have to debug the MySQL JDBC driver and see why it's not displaying this warning on other application where you use the same framework dependencies.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]