-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate try to delete whenever I try to read the Set/List
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:43 am 

I have a List that supposed to be many-to-many (bidirectional)

This is the Filter class:

Code:
@ManyToMany(targetEntity=Serving.class)
@JoinTable(name = "BRIDGE_SERV_FILTER", joinColumns={
    @JoinColumn(name="filter_id")}, inverseJoinColumns={@JoinColumn(name="serving_id")})
private List<Serving> servings;
public List<Serving> getServing() { return this.servings; }
public void setServing(List<Serving> servings) { this.servings = servings; }

and this is the Serving class:

Code:
@ManyToMany(targetEntity=Filter.class)
    @JoinTable(name = "BRIDGE_SERV_FILTER", joinColumns={
        @JoinColumn(name="serving_id")}, inverseJoinColumns={@JoinColumn(name="filter_id")})
    private List<Filter> filters;
    public List<Filter> getFilters() { return filters;}
    public void setFilters(List<Filter> filters) { this.filters = filters;}

Then I supposed to call something to get all the filters from a serving, this is what I do (serv is of type Serving):

Code:
List<Filter> filters = serv.getFilters();

//iterate from all filter
for(Filter allf : allFilter)
{
    boolean mark_this = false;
    //..and matched the currently-iterated-all-filters with filter from
    //which the serving got
    for(com.pos.model.Filter f : filters)
    {
        //if matched, mark this current filter
        if (allf.getId().equals(f.getId()))
            mark_this = true;
    }
    tmodel.addRow(new Object[] { allf.getName(), mark_this });
}

that method is defined in the model, and it is static. so, when the form load, it calls like jTable.setTableModel(Filter.toTableModel(thisServing));

It reads, and it displayed the data. However, Hibernate also invokes delete as well:

Code:
Hibernate: select filter0_.filter_id as filter1_2_, filter0_.is_showable as is2_2_, filter0_.name as name2_ from DIM_FILTER filter0_ where is_showable=true
Hibernate: select filters0_.serving_id as serving1_4_1_, filters0_.filter_id as filter2_6_1_, filter1_.filter_id as filter1_2_0_, filter1_.is_showable as is2_2_0_, filter1_.name as name2_0_ from BRIDGE_SERV_FILTER filters0_ inner join DIM_FILTER filter1_ on filters0_.filter_id=filter1_.filter_id where filters0_.serving_id=?
Hibernate: delete from BRIDGE_SERV_FILTER where serving_id=?

In fact, I don't do any delete at all, and I don't ask hibernate to delete anything. Something that I don't understand might occur... how to prevent Hibernate from deletion? or there is anything that I done wrongly?

Funny things, if I do through command prompt, there is nothing wrong... the data still there if I read multiple of times. What I done wrong, please help me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]