-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multiple entities pointing to the same table
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:17 pm 

Hi All,

I've got two entities User, and LightUser both pointing at the same underlying database table. The light user is immutable, and only used to provide read-only data to key apis. My integration tests specify create-drop for "pingone.hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" which modifies tables according to the light user entity. Is there a way to filter one entity from ddl validation/generation?

Raymond

Post subject: Re: Multiple entities pointing to the same table
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:34 am 

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am trying to do the same thing. I want to map two entities to the same table. One is a "light" version containing some properties, the other is the "main" entity containing all the properties . In theory there may be many different light versions of the main entity.

This approach seems to work if I create the database tables by hand based on the main entity. But does not work if I use hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto=create-drop to create the tables. Both entities point to the same table so the shape of the table that is created depends on which entity the auto generation tool picks first. Is there a way to mark some entities as "ignore" with respect to the automatic table generation?

thanks
J.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]