-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: getPropertyNames returns empty...
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:58 pm 

Hi there,
I'm experiencing an issue with hibernate 3.6.7 where getPropertyNames returns an empty list if all attributes are part of the key.

Specifically, I have a hibernate mapping like this:
Code:
<hibernate-mapping default-lazy="false">   
  <class name="my.class.name" table="MY_CLASS_TABLE">     
    <composite-id>       
      <key-property name="prop1" column="PROP_1" />       
      <key-property name="prop2" column="PROP_2" />       
      <key-property name="prop3" column="PROP_3" />     
    </composite-id>   
  </class>
</hibernate-mapping>

And a function that goes through and builds a "dictionary" of class names and properties. I have no problems until I get to this class, and for some reason, my call to getPropertyNames() returns an empty list. If there is at least one property outside the composite-id, I don't have any problems. The kludgy work-around I have is to add a dummy field outside the id (yuck!) and suddenly everything works.

Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to solve it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Also, if you prefer, this is cross-posted from stackOverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1040 ... ibutes-are

Post subject: Re: getPropertyNames returns empty...
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:22 pm 

After further digging, I found getIdentifierType() and getIdentifierPropertyName() do the job. For a composite key like this one, I check the type to see if it's an instance of CompositeCustomType or ComponentType, and if it is, throw it into a temporary var, and call getPropertyNames() on that temporary var.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]