-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: HIbernate Tools with Hibernate 4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:49 pm 

Hi,

I use Hibernate Tools standalone via Ant to create and export the database.
During the process to migrate from Hibernate 3.6 to Hibernate 4, I noticed that the existing Hibernate Tools is not compatible with Hibernate 4.
My Question is: Will Hibernate Tools be upgraded to support Hibernate 4? Is there some expectation of when it will happen?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: HIbernate Tools with Hibernate 4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:27 am 
Expert
Expert

I have exactly the same problem as you and asked the same question some months ago to hibernate-developes.

The main responable for hiberante-tools seems to be Max Rydahl Andersen and what he anwered to me, in substance is:
they have problems to keep a stable API/access for hibernate tools users in prospective that also hibernate 4.1 (5.0) will cause incompatibility again.

Furthermore he wrote to me:
Quote:
JBoss Tools M5 have an experimental version of the eclipse plugins that works against both 3.6 and 4.0.

But I don't know if JBoss Tools does include also the ant-task to create and export the database.

About time line, he telled me nothing (although I had asked 2 times)!
So I fear that until hibernate 4.1 (5.0) will be released, there will no be any working version with Hibernate-Tools.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:59 am 
Senior
Senior

Guys,

there is not publically available hiebrnate tools jar which would work with hibernate 4 or hibernate3.6.

There are 2 pull requests which are going to be reviewed. https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-tools/pulls
See "Hibernate core 4.0.0.Final" and "Support Hibernate 3.6".
So you can download the code and if you have installed maven just call

mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true

to build the jars yourself. Or you should wait a few weeks while the pull requests will be reviewed/applied.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:09 am 

How do you know it's not being indexed, because you can't find it after indexing? Did you check the index contents with tools like Luke ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trumpet Wedding Dresses|New Style Wedding Dresses|Wedding Dresses with Sleeves|New Style Flower Girl Dresses

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:51 am 

When will Hibernate Tools be upgraded to support Hibernate 4?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 am 

Its the Year 2013 now. Is their any chance to get an Update of Hibernatetools compatible to Version 4.1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:27 am 

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.hibernate/hibernate-tools
here you can Download it ready for use. had me cost 3 hours to find it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]