-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multi Tenancy support with hibernate 4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:38 am 

I am looking to build a muti -tenancy application (shared database shared schema) using hibernate 4.

Hibernate 4 says it supports (http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... e/HHH-5697). I am not finding any documents or sample example , how to generate tenant wise session or read /write data tenant wise.

Any help or start point will be appreciated.

Thanks...

Post subject: Re: Multi Tenancy support with hibernate 4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:54 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I'll also be happy to see some getting started documents.

Ido

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:52 pm 

I haven't tried this out myself yet, but the unit test for Multi-Tenancy would be a good place to start:

https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/master/hibernate-core/src/test/java/org/hibernate/test/multitenancy/schema/SchemaBasedMultiTenancyTest.java

Last edited by kbyrne on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:09 am 
Beginner
Beginner

The unit test are good but not enough.

I'm using Hibernate4 as a provider of JPA, how do I use multi-tenancy in this senario?

Thank you,
Ido.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:19 pm 

It doesn't look like multi-tenancy is possible with JPA out of the box.

Here's the code Hibernate code that implements a JPA EntityManager:

https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/4.0.0.Final/hibernate-entitymanager/src/main/java/org/hibernate/ejb/EntityManagerImpl.java

It would need some way inject some sort of custom tenant selector class, similar to the way the interceptor is.

In addition a MultiTenantConnectionProvider would needed to be added to the Service Registry, and I haven't found a way to do using JPA.

Last edited by kbyrne on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:42 pm 

Hi I read your post on multi-tenancy and hibernate. I am from Corent Technology and wanted to let you know that we have a "plug-in" multi-tenancy solution for Hibernate. It makes your application multi-tenant without changes to your code. Check out the website at: www.corenttechnology.com or you can send me an email to laiken@corenttech.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:50 pm 

Hello

Indeed following example https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate- ... yTest.java is very useful to get a running multi-tenant application. I am missing an example of how to use CurrentTenantIdentifierResolver though. Does anybody have an
example on how to use it correctly? I tried to do following:

private static CurrentTenantIdentifierResolver currentTenantIdentifierResolver;

configuration.setCurrentTenantIdentifierResolver(currentTenantIdentifierResolver);

but that without success.. obviously.

Thanks for any help!
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:53 pm 

Take a look at the new 4.1 documentation for Multi-tenancy, there's a mention of CurrentTenantIdentifierResolver there.

http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/4.1/devguide/en-US/html/ch16.html

The only link on the Hibernate Docs page is to the 4.0 version, so I had to mod the url to find 4.1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:57 am 

Thanks for the reply. actually the only problem is how to use a CurrentTenantIdentifierResolver. That means, i now how to set it up
but not how to use it later. Setup: Create Class which implements CurrentTenantIdentifierResolver and do
cfg.setCurrentTenantIdentifierResolver(..) .

So i have MyCurrentTenantIdentifierResolver but now i am stucked. Should i enhance it with setTenant(..) and later resolve
if it changed.. hm.. it s more a logical problem how to use it generally. I will guess it comes to my mind later.. If someone has any
idea, well i am glad to hear that of course.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:22 am 

Your implementation of CurrentTenantIdentifierResolver would need some source to extract the current tenant from. for example you could resolve it by accessing the current session from within the resolver, the userdetails of the authenticated user, using a servlet-filter to manually set the current tenant in each request or similar.

But there seems to be a non-trivial issue regarding the internal usage of the configured CurrentTenantIdenfierResolver: https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1014559. I'm currently stuck at exactly this issue and I don't really like the idea to subclass SessionFactoryImpl. Does anybody have a hint how to solve this in a more elegant way?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:55 pm 
Regular
Regular

what is the purpose of the 'any connection' in multi-tenancy provider. I use a database strategy and I have not a clear idea of this connection having no tenant id.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]