-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Search Faceting
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:41 am 
Regular
Regular

Hi all,

I am having a problem with my query builder when I use polymorphism. I have an abstract class and if I try to initialize the QueryBuilder with this abstract class to make the sentence, it does not work.

In this example, BookEntity is the abstract class.

Is there other way to create the facets or I must use the querybuilder to create the facets?

Code:
builder = fullTextSession.getSearchFactory()
             .buildQueryBuilder()
             .forEntity(BookEntity.class).get();

autorityFacetingRequest = builder.facet().name("Autority")
                                               .onField("autorityName.autorityname_untokenized").discrete()
                                               .orderedBy(FacetSortOrder.COUNT_DESC)
                                               .includeZeroCounts(false).createFacetingRequest();

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Hibernate Search Faceting
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:49 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

the code to create the facet it correct. What is your problem with it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:06 am 
Regular
Regular

The problem is that when i try to create the QueryBuilder from an abstract class it does not work...

I have to do it with the child classes and i would like to search for all of the children classes at the same time....

I think that QueryBuilder does not work with polymorphism..

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:24 am 
Regular
Regular

Hi,

As i told you, if I create my QueryBuilder from an abstract class like BookEntity, it does not work and give me this exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Entity for which to retrieve the scoped analyzer is not an @Indexed entity: com.cervantesvirtual.entity.BookEntity

I would like to search for my abstract parent class and get all my results.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:57 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Can you provide you annotated code? Or create a test case?
Generally though, abstract classes are not indexed. Have you tried to have a non abstract base class?

--Hardy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:08 am 
Regular
Regular

Hi,

My QueryBuilder code is:

Code:
    this.fullTextSession = Search.getFullTextSession(this.session);
    this.parser = new MultiFieldQueryParser(luceneVersion, campos, fullTextSession.getSearchFactory().getAnalyzer("myCapsFilter"));

this.query = parser.parse(this.q);

this.builder = fullTextSession.getSearchFactory().buildQueryBuilder().forEntity(BookEntity.class).get();

If I use @Indexed in my abstract BookEntity class, i get this error:

Entity for which to retrieve the scoped analyzer is not an @Indexed entity: com.cervantesvirtual.entity.BookEntity

Then, If I use @Indexed and change BookEntity to a normal class then everything works fine. But I would like to maintain my parent class as abstract...it would be possible?

In this case i just have in my lucene indexes the parent class. What if i want to search in my child classes directly?

Thanks in advance.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]