-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate 3.6.X support timeline?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:47 pm 

Hi all,

Can we expect Hibernate Tools to change over to Hibernate 3.6.X soon? I know that Hibernate 3.6 requires some changes that will cause HT to be incompatible with older versions. Is this planned for the near future?

Thanks,
Shane

Post subject: Re: Hibernate 3.6.X support timeline?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:52 pm 

Bump, with all due respect. Just curious as to general roadmap plans for Hibernate 3.6 support, or if the team is going to skip it and wait for Hibernate 4, etc. I currently have to hack other libraries back to Hibernate 3.5.X to be compatible with Hibernate Tools...

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:50 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I'm very open to contributions. Output of hibernate tools should work fine with 3.6 so habent been priority since more 3.5 usage.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:24 pm 

Ok, if I can scratch out a little time in the near future I'll look into it.

Not to ask a stupid question, but the valid trunk is still here, correct?
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/tools/trunk/

JBoss has done a lot of restructuring in the past year or so, and I'd hate to be digging through the wrong code!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:44 pm 

I created a github branch that uses Hibernate 3.6.8 so that Tools can be used with Hibernate Spatial 1.1.

https://github.com/axiomalaska/hibernat ... tree/3.6.X

It seems to be working fine, but I have to skip the tests to get it to build. With the exception of one error, the same tests that are failing on the branch also fail for me on the master, so it may be due to missing environment dependencies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:15 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

shane - sorry for having missed your post on this.

Could you please create a pull request for this on https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-tools/ and I'll at least see if we can create a branch for this for you and others to maintain/work out from.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:54 am 

This would be great for me as well, I have tried removing the 3.6 jars from classpath of project but then I get the classNotFound exceptions as the code for custome enums that we are using was converted to the 3.6 style use type resolvers as the old style methods in 3.3 were deprecated and removed...

These issues aren't really well documented and have cost me about a day of trying to reconfigure our developement environment to accomodate.

We can pull out of github and build due to our corporate firewall policy so if there was a release on the update site it would be the only way to go.

Otherwise upgrading to 3.5.x is there much difference to 3.6.x ultimately for most projects? We use a lot of second level ehcacheing and most of our queries are coded into our hbm files so not a lot of programmatic queries/criterias.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:54 pm 

Pull request created. It's my first, so let me know if I need to make any changes. Thanks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]