-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Validation between classes and cross field
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:39 am 

Hi,

I need some help. I've to implement an app using GWT.
I have to validate several fields, between classes and also in the same class using jsr 303.
Custom validation must not be used.
For example imagine you've to make a contract. The man and his wife have to be older than 34 y.o.
And other general business cases like in banks, and assurance contracts.

I think ExtVal is just for JSF but I need extensions also usable for GWT.

Has anybody an idea? thx a lot ;)

Post subject: Re: Validation between classes and cross field
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:55 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I don't know much about GWT and I think you might want to ask there as well. When it comes to Bean Validation is all depends on your data model. For example, if you have a Contract bean I would expect it to have fields for the participants of the contract. In this case it is a question of validation the whole contract including the participants using the @Valid annotation. Just as an example.
Generally you cannot validate two unrelated entities within the same call to Validator.validate()

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]