-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: InvalidClassException with Hibernate 3.6.0 and JPA 2.0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:05 pm 

Hi,
I've just started using hibernate 3.6.0 and JPA 2.0 and I'm having some troubles.

I get InvalidClassException on some queries. By the way I'm using metamodel with hibernate-jpamodelgen.

I.e. one below runs fine:
Code:
CriteriaBuilder cb = getCriteriaBuilder();
CriteriaQuery<UserEntity> cq = getCriteriaQuery(cb);
cq.where(cb.equal(cq.from(UserEntity.class).get(UserEntity_.username), username));

but with this one I'm having trouble:
Code:
CriteriaBuilder cb = getCriteriaBuilder();
CriteriaQuery<UserGroup> cq = getCriteriaQuery(cb);

cq.where(cb.equal(cq.from(UserGroup.class).join(UserGroup_.entries).join(UserGroupEntry_.user).get(UserEntity_.id), user.getId()));

I get exception like below.
All classes used in query implements Serializable.

I'm kinda lost here so any help would be appreciated.

Code:
java.io.InvalidClassException: com.ptm.model.BaseEntity; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 7662749495871325837, local class serialVersionUID = 8176072949097236524
     at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:579)
     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1600)
     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1513)
     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1600)
     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1513)
     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1749)
     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1346)
     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:368)
     at org.hibernate.util.SerializationHelper.doDeserialize(SerializationHelper.java:244)
     at org.hibernate.util.SerializationHelper.deserialize(SerializationHelper.java:306)
     at org.hibernate.type.descriptor.java.SerializableTypeDescriptor.fromBytes(SerializableTypeDescriptor.java:130)
     at org.hibernate.type.descriptor.java.SerializableTypeDescriptor.wrap(SerializableTypeDescriptor.java:116)
     at org.hibernate.type.descriptor.java.SerializableTypeDescriptor.wrap(SerializableTypeDescriptor.java:39)
     at org.hibernate.type.descriptor.sql.VarbinaryTypeDescriptor$2.doExtract(VarbinaryTypeDescriptor.java:62)
     at org.hibernate.type.descriptor.sql.BasicExtractor.extract(BasicExtractor.java:64)
     at org.hibernate.type.AbstractStandardBasicType.nullSafeGet(AbstractStandardBasicType.java:253)
     at org.hibernate.type.AbstractStandardBasicType.nullSafeGet(AbstractStandardBasicType.java:249)

Post subject: Re: InvalidClassException with Hibernate 3.6.0 and JPA 2.0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:42 am 
Senior
Senior

Check your classpath. I bet you have your "com.ptm.model.BaseEntity" defined twice there (that is there are two JARs with different versions of your class).

Another reason could be the wrong visibility of "serialVersionUID" field, but I am not sure if it is possible at all.

Post subject: Re: InvalidClassException with Hibernate 3.6.0 and JPA 2.0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:56 am 

Well, that wasn't the case.
There were no other version of BaseEntity class - i triple checked and my classes don't even have "serialVersionUID" field defined, they only implement Serializable.
I was using older version of Hibernate and JPA 1.0 and then moved to Hibernate 3.6.0 and JPA 2.0. Some queries ran fine and some failed.
After I removed data from tables and inserted again via application - everything worked out. But I'm not sure why though :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]