-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can not deploy 3.5 to Weblogic 10.3 server
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:54 pm 

I am trying to deploy my project that I upgraded to Hibernate 3.5 but keep on getting the following error:

java.lang.Throwable: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceUnitInfo.getValidationMode()Ljavax/persistence/ValidationMode;
at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.configure(Ejb3Configuration.java:580)
at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:72)
at weblogic.deployment.PersistenceUnitInfoImpl.createEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceUnitInfoImpl.java:330)
at weblogic.deployment.PersistenceUnitInfoImpl.<init>(PersistenceUnitInfoImpl.java:123)
at weblogic.deployment.AbstractPersistenceUnitRegistry.storeDescriptors(AbstractPersistenceUnitRegistry.java:331)
at weblogic.deployment.AbstractPersistenceUnitRegistry.loadPersistenceDescriptors(AbstractPersistenceUnitRegistry.java:111)
at weblogic.deployment.ModulePersistenceUnitRegistry.<init>(ModulePersistenceUnitRegistry.java:58)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.setupPersistenceUnitRegistry(WebAppModule.java:1658)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.prepare(WebAppModule.java:383)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.prepare(ScopedModuleDriver.java:176)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:93)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow$1.next(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:387)
at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:37)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.prepare(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:58)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.prepare(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:42)
at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment$1.next(BaseDeployment.java:615)
at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:37)
at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.prepare(BaseDeployment.java:191)
at weblogic.application.internal.SingleModuleDeployment.prepare(SingleModuleDeployment.java:16)
at weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentStateChecker.prepare(DeploymentStateChecker.java:155)
at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.AppContainerInvoker.prepare(AppContainerInvoker.java:60)
at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.createAndPrepareContainer(ActivateOperation.java:197)
at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.doPrepare(ActivateOperation.java:89)
at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.prepare(AbstractOperation.java:217)
at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handleDeploymentPrepare(DeploymentManager.java:723)
at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.prepareDeploymentList(DeploymentManager.java:1190)
at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handlePrepare(DeploymentManager.java:248)
at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentServiceDispatcher.prepare(DeploymentServiceDispatcher.java:159)
at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.doPrepareCallback(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:157)
at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.access$000(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:12)
at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer$1.run(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:45)
at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:516)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

I am utilizing Hibernate 3.5, JPA 2.0 and Spring 3.0.1 within this project. IntelliJ Idea 9.0.x as my IDE and Weblogic 10.3.0 as my application server. I create a web application via a war file (no ear).

Please note that my junit tests that I run locally work fine. I used to get this error on the junit test (locally) until I put the WL 10.3.0 jar after my project lib jars in the dependencies. I figured that the same issue must be happening with the deploy (that the WL 10.3.0 packaged JPA support is being hit first before the newer versions of Hibernate/JPA), so went into my weblogic.xml file verified that I had the <prefer-web-inf-classes> is set to true and that I did have the needed jars included in the war (hibernate-jpa-2.0-api-1.0.0-CR-1.jar, hibernate3.jar, etc...).

Any help would be appreciated. Is there a setting or step that I am missing when deploying?

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Can not deploy 3.5 to Weblogic 10.3 server
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:40 pm 

I had the same problem, and I believe you are right about weblogic having it's own version of the JPA interfaces javax.persistence.*
I also tried forcing weblogic to use the newer version deployed within my application by adding the package in weblogic-application.xml :

Code:
<weblogic-application>
    <prefer-application-packages>
   <package-name>javax.persistence.*</package-name>
    </prefer-application-packages>
</weblogic-application>

By doing this I don't get the exception you mention anymore, but now I got a different one:

weblogic.management.DeploymentException:
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.JpaFlow.prepare(JpaFlow.java:59)
at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment$1.next(BaseDeployment.java:615)
at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.prepare(BaseDeployment.java:191)
at weblogic.application.internal.EarDeployment.prepare(EarDeployment.java:16)
Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
weblogic.deployment.EnvironmentException: Error processing persitence unit ApplicationEntityManager of module midas-ear-
1: Error instantiating the Persistence Provider class org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence of the PersistenceUnit Appl
icationEntityManager: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence cannot be cast to javax.persi
stence.spi.PersistenceProvider
at weblogic.deployment.PersistenceUnitInfoImpl.createEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceUnitInfoImpl.java:322)
at weblogic.deployment.PersistenceUnitInfoImpl.<init>(PersistenceUnitInfoImpl.java:123)
at weblogic.deployment.AbstractPersistenceUnitRegistry.storeDescriptors(AbstractPersistenceUnitRegistry.java:331
)
at weblogic.deployment.AbstractPersistenceUnitRegistry.loadPersistenceDescriptors(AbstractPersistenceUnitRegistr
y.java:111)
at weblogic.deployment.EarPersistenceUnitRegistry.<init>(EarPersistenceUnitRegistry.java:52)

I think the issue is that weblogic is not ready to fully support JPA 2.0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:12 am 

We are getting exactly same error, and are stuck with this for past couple of days. It is kind of urgent. If you were able to resolve this, please share the pointers...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:28 pm 

No progress yet. I even tried the same process with the new Hibernate (3.5.2) and the new Spring (3.0.2) and the same issue happens.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:51 pm 

I am also facing the same problem. Has anyone found a solution for this?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:45 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Any updates on this problem?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:40 am 

I applied the PRE_CLASSPATH solution in my development environment and the EAR solution in production:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Dev ... A2_support

It's for EclipseLink but it works for Hibernate too.

I found that link in this forum: http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Dev ... A2_support

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:32 am 

Hi,

I am using Weblogic version 10.3.5.0 and facing the same issue when using JPA 2.0 with Hibernate Provider.

Can anyone please suggest what is possible solution to this issue?

Thanks,
Gourav Sood

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]