-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: ManyToOne lazy fetching on non primary key associations
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:58 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,
Because I have a legacy database I was trying to make an associations between 2 classses whithout using the Pk on the linked class, something like that:

Code:
class Foo
@ManyToOne(fetch=FetchType.LAZY)
@JoinColumn(name="BAR_TYPE_NAME",referencedColumnName="TYPE_NAME",unique=true)
public Bar getBar()

and
Class Bar
@Column(name = "TYPE_NAME",unique=true)
public String getTypeName()...

This works however the lazy option has no effect and bar is always fetched in a secondary select.
Is there a way to lazy fetch Bar in this case and to get it cached, given the fact that typeName is unique?

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: ManyToOne lazy fetching on non primary key associations
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:50 pm 

mooritze wrote:
This works however the lazy option has no effect and bar is always fetched in a secondary select.
Is there a way to lazy fetch Bar in this case and to get it cached, given the fact that typeName is unique?

Thanks in advance

I just noticed exactly the same thing on my data. I didn't realize that it was limited to the non-primary-key associations as you appear to be stating, but you're not alone in the world. If you've found a solution, please post it. I'll look for a solution too because this is a show stopper for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:55 am 

We're encountering the same problem.
Any chance anyone of the Hibernate Team can comment on this? Is this a bug or something that can't be supported?

Erwin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:10 pm 

This topic should be named a little bit more correctly:
instead of:
"ManyToOne lazy fetching on non primary key associations"
something like:
"ManyToOne lazy fetching of properties referring to non-@Id properties"
Though the original title is okay. I just wanted to communicate what I found:
I created two tables, free from any primary/foreign key constraints - and lazy fetching still works in the case when referencedColumnName = <property declared as @Id in the Master Entity> (or referencedColumnName is not mentioned in @JoinColumn annotation (by default)), and it doesn't work (we have eager fetching) when referencedColumnName refers to some other (non @Id, though also unique) property of the Master Entity.

Post subject: Re: ManyToOne lazy fetching on non primary key associations
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:09 pm 

We're still seeing this issue w/ Hibernate Annotations 3.4.0 (Core 3.3.0). Does anyone know if it's been fixed in more recent versions?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]