-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: One-to-many search with Criteria
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:56 am 

Hi all,

I've got a Hibernate entity, called Event, which has a one-to-many metadata entity, EventData.

Given the following Event:

EventId: 1
EventHash: broccoli

With the following EventDatas:

EventDataId: 1
EventId:1
Field: tag
Value: tagme

EventDataId: 2
EventId: 1
Field: tag
Value: anotherTag

How do I create a Criteria query to retrieve the event which has BOTH tags "anotherTag" and "tagme"? In SQL, I'd join the event_data table once for each tag being searched for, but I can only seem to create one alias for the Event.EventData relationship, i.e.

Code:
   int inc = 0;

Conjunction junc = Restrictions.conjunction();

for ( String tag : tags ) {
      crit.createAlias("e.EventData", "ed"+inc);
      junc.add(
         Restrictions.and(
            Restrictions.eq("ed"+inc+".field", "tag"),
            Restrictions.eq("ed"+inc+".content", tag)
         )
      );
      inc++;
   }

Doesn't work; "duplicate association path: Event.EventData"

Similarly, a normal Conjunction doesn't work, because the clause ends up as:

Code:
((ed3_.field='tag' and ed3_.content='anotherTag') and (ed3_.field='tag' and ed3_.content='tagme'))

and, obviously, a database field can't have two different values at the same time.

Any ideas as to how I could clean this up, or is the only option reverting to HQL?

Post subject: Re: One-to-many search with Criteria
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:12 am 

Hi

why u want to go for criteria , IF EventId is mapped with child table EventDatas (one-to-many) you can directly get it using event.getEventDatas() for respective Id.

Regards
Arun

Post subject: Re: One-to-many search with Criteria
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:07 pm 

Hi Arun,

The point is I'm *searching* for these Events, using EventData.Content values as the criteria for the search. I basically want to find all EventDatas where field == tag and content == "anotherTag", but without having to do two queries - one to find the eventIds, and another to load the actual Events.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]