-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: caught an exception during creation of the ManagedConnection
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:54 am 

Hi,
Im running into problem when i log into my application.The below error props up immediately or sometime after navigating on the application.

J2CA0046E: Method createManagedConnctionWithMCWrapper caught an exception during creation of the ManagedConnection for resource jdbc/TOEFLDataSource, throwing ResourceAllocationException. Original exception: com.ibm.ws.exception.WsException: DSRA8100E: Unable to get a XAConnection from the DataSource.

which points to
"Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Socket is not connected"

here my JNDI name is jdbc/TOEFLDataSource and Datasource name is TOEFLDataSource.

I checked for this exception on hibernate forum but could not find any clue.

I tried changing the translife timeout in sevrer configuration,but no use..:(
Im using IBM WSAD as application server and Oracle10g as my database.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravi

Post subject: Re: caught an exception during creation of the ManagedConnection
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:12 am 

Hi,

I could not see any Hibernate expert or the hibernate project people responding to the query.
I would appreciate if some input is provided.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:05 am 
Regular
Regular

Is your database engine running? I work with postgres database engine and I have to have the engine running for my application to connect to the database on a specific port to be able to work with it. I am not sure which database engine you are running, buy I think you need to make sure that it is running and you are connecting to the right port, if you need to specify a port number.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:25 am 

Hi ivirani,
Im using Oracle10g and it is connected.I could check that through sql developer. Im able to do normal transactions on the aplication, but intermittently it is throwing this error.

Also i get "net.sf.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: Failed to lazily initialize a collection - no session or session was closed" this error now and then. This causes some part of web page to throw error.

Thanks for your reply.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:53 am 
Regular
Regular

Is it done when you are trying to run a particular query or it just happens randomly?
Are you managing the connection manually or using something like C3p0?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]