-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ehcaching Hibernate
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:18 pm 

Hi All

We have a requirement at a customer where
. we only need to cache tables that we read from
. not cache tables from we read and write from

In order to accomplish the same I have used the Ehcache 1.2.3 with hibernate 3.5. I could not use other versions of ehcache becuase it had problems with finding the ehcache.xml inspite of it being at the classpath level.

The calls that are getting afftected with the above requirement is get and createQuery(set to cachable).

The following settings in the ehcache configuration has worked for me in my sample project.

1. I have set the cache usage to read-only for read only tables.
2. I set the read-write in the cache usage for the read-write tables.
3. In the ehcache I have overided the read-write regions with values to zero; since I did not want it to be cache.
4. In the ehcache I have used readly to 15 mins.
5. I have set the defaults to 0.
6. Overided the standarized cache to zero with having maxelements to 10.

I am attaching the datasources and ehcache.xml files to this post.

Kindly advise if I am doing anything wrong to accomplish the requirement.

<defaultCache maxElementsInMemory="0" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="0" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="org.hibernate.cache.StandardQueryCache" maxElementsInMemory="10" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="0" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.Country" maxElementsInMemory="100000" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="120" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.AddressRecord" maxElementsInMemory="100000" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="900" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.BusinessDayOverride" maxElementsInMemory="100000" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="900" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.ChargeType" maxElementsInMemory="100000" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="900" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.ChargeTypeTaxOverride" maxElementsInMemory="100000" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="900" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.CompanyCreditCard" maxElementsInMemory="100000" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="900" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.CreditCardMultilingualDesc" maxElementsInMemory="100000" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="900" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.CreditCardType" maxElementsInMemory="100000" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="900" overflowToDisk="false" />

<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.ConsultantDemographic" maxElementsInMemory="0" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="0" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.ConsultantLocator" maxElementsInMemory="0" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="0" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.ConsultantDemographicChange" maxElementsInMemory="0" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="0" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.ConsultantSocialSecurity" maxElementsInMemory="0" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="0" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.ConsultantSocialSecurityChange" maxElementsInMemory="0" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="0" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.ConsultantWebsite" maxElementsInMemory="0" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="0" overflowToDisk="false" />
<cache name="com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.ElectronicServicesStatus" maxElementsInMemory="0" eternal="false" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="0" overflowToDisk="false" />[code][/code]

Post subject: Re: Ehcaching Hibernate
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:11 am 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
2. I set the read-write in the cache usage for the read-write tables.
3. In the ehcache I have overrided the read-write regions with values to zero; since I did not want it to be cache.

In my opinion there seems to be all right to accomplish the requirement, just one thing:
If you don't want cache usage for the read-write tables,
then personally I would simply do not configure them for being cached in 2L at all.

In other words:
Instead to define
Code:
@Entity
@Cache(usage = CacheConcurrencyStrategy.READ_WRITE)
public class com.partylite.ge.persistence.hibernate.ConsultantDemographic

and defining maxElementsInMemory="0" , overflowToDisk="false" on regarding cacheRegion.
simply omit the @Cache tag on this class.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]