-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: INSERT statements and flush() behavior
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:00 pm 

I have the following two parallel transactions
TX1:
begin TX1
insert(person(unique_id=1))
flush
commit TX1

TX2:
begin TX2
insert(person(unique_id=1))
flush
commit TX2

I know that only one commit statement will succeed due to the unique constraint. My question is, is there any possibility that the flush() call will succeed and the commit() fails due to a constraint violation exception.

I'm in read committed isolation level using Oracle db.

Post subject: Re: INSERT statements and flush() behavior
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:41 am 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
is there any possibility that the flush() call will succeed and the commit() fails due to a constraint violation exception.

Not at Hiberante level.
But I know there are some databases which let choose the user if indexes should be validated immediately or at commit-time.
I don't know if Oracle has this feature. (Maybe its better to ask in a Oracle-user-forum)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]