-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate 3.5 CR1: "any" Mapping declaration not supported
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:14 am 

In the attempt of migrating an application using JBPM 3.x to the upcoming JBoss 6 release (including Hibernate 3.5 CR1) I stumbled over the Hibernate Exception:
Code:
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: any not supported yet
at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.AttributeFactory.determineAttributeMetadata(AttributeFactory.java:441)

generated by hibernate 3.5 ejb.metamodel.AttributeFactory:
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/hibernat ... ctory.java
Code:
if ( type.isAnyType() ) {
         throw new UnsupportedOperationException( "any not supported yet" );
      }

My questions are:
1. Will "any" be supported in the final 3.5 release finally?
2. In the mentioned project (working with JBoss 4.0.5) JBPM is configured to use the JBoss Datasource (hbm.xml files using the any declaration mapping,
are included into the ejb persistence.xml) and is referenced as an "ear module". Is there a configuration possibility to
not trigger the hibernate "ejb.metamodel.AttributeFactory" but something like a "plain Hibernate" attributeFactory for such Entities?

Post subject: Re: Hibernate 3.5 CR1: "any" Mapping declaration not supported
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:43 am 

Did you have any luck with this? I'm facing the same issue as you with jBPM 4.3. I'm attempting to add my jBPM mapping files to persistence.xml, but it fails with the error message:

ERROR [org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Start: name=persistence.unit:unitName=#persistenceUnit state=Create: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: any not supported yet

Did you find a solution to the problem by chance?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:21 am 

I'm migrating from Hibernate 3.3.1.GA to 3.5.4-Final and this still appears to be a problem. I have a class that extends AbstractType and returns true from isAnyType(). I get the following stack trace from hibernate during initialization of the Spring ApplicationContext:
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: any not supported yet
at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.AttributeFactory.determineAttributeMetadata(AttributeFactory.java:452)
at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.AttributeFactory.buildAttribute(AttributeFactory.java:93)
at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.AttributeFactory.getMetaModelType(AttributeFactory.java:225)
at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.AttributeFactory.buildAttribute(AttributeFactory.java:102)
at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.MetadataContext.wrapUp(MetadataContext.java:183)
at org.hibernate.ejb.metamodel.MetamodelImpl.buildMetamodel(MetamodelImpl.java:66)
at org.hibernate.ejb.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.<init>(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:84)
at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:891)
at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:74)

This issue is blocking the migration -- is there a solution or workaround available?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:37 pm 

the same on 3.6.Final

I don't understand why @Any is in the documentation if it's not managed.

HOW TO DO THIS ?
Code:

@Any(metaColumn = @Column(name = "meta_type",insertable=false,updatable=false),fetch=FetchType.EAGER)
   @AnyMetaDef(idType = "long", metaType = "string", metaValues = {
         @org.hibernate.annotations.MetaValue(targetEntity = MetaValueString.class, value = "STRING"),
         @org.hibernate.annotations.MetaValue(targetEntity = MetaValueNumber.class, value = "NUMBER") })
   @JoinColumn(name = "meta_id")
   private AMetaValue metaValue;

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:01 pm 

Hi there,
did any of you guys find any solution to this matter?

thanks a lot!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:33 am 

WELCOME IN JBOSS WORLD !!
NO ADMIN, NO REPLY, NO...BODY???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:55 am 

I found a solution to this problem.
The problems is due to the JPA2 metamodel support. If you don't use the JPA2 metamodel you can deactivate it with setting the hibernate property:
hibernate.ejb.metamodel.generation=disable

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]