-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: elementType of ConstraintViolation
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:06 am 

Hi,

Is there a way to get elementType of ConstraintViolation ?

Note that there is a private field in ConstraintViolationImpl declared as elementType.

I have to separates errors according to Type or Field but I do not know how to separate them now.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: elementType of ConstraintViolation
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:23 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The Bean Validation spec does separate the type in the ConstraintViolation. For implementation purposes we need however the type. I would normally not recommend to place constraint annotations on field and property. A consistent constraint placement is recommended. I assume that in your case the field and property return different values. I would be very careful with that.

All this said, one way to potentially solve your problems is to use the Payload functionality. Define a payload for the constraints you place on the field level and one for the ones you place on the property level. Payloads are passed through the system unmodified. You get access to the payload via the ConstraintDescriptor contained in the ConstraintViolation.

--Hardy

Post subject: Re: elementType of ConstraintViolation
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:36 am 

hardy.ferentschik wrote:
The Bean Validation spec does separate the type in the ConstraintViolation. For implementation purposes we need however the type. I would normally not recommend to place constraint annotations on field and property. A consistent constraint placement is recommended. I assume that in your case the field and property return different values. I would be very careful with that.

All this said, one way to potentially solve your problems is to use the Payload functionality. Define a payload for the constraints you place on the field level and one for the ones you place on the property level. Payloads are passed through the system unmodified. You get access to the payload via the ConstraintDescriptor contained in the ConstraintViolation.

--Hardy

Hi,

I need to validate two field together. From your explanations and other posts, I have to use type constraints or property constraints. But after validating my domain entity, I have a ConstraintViolation set in which I have no idea which exception is coming from where.

Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]