-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: data fetching technique
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:12 am 

hi sir/madam,

i'm using version 2.1.2 and new in nhibernate which just started to get hands on it with NHibernate books, i .have a doubts regards record fetching technique and session caching. from my understanding, i can read record with following technique and it will stored the entity into session cache.

1. Linq, IQueryable or IEnumerable
2. Session.Get,Session.Load,Session.Find,Session.List, Session.CreateQuery and Session.CreateCriteria

but at times i dont want to cache the entity for read only record and performance concern, how can i achieve by not to cache the entity when reading the record from database?

about the Session.CreateQuery, i noticed that if i call it multiple times for the same query and result, it will issued select SQL to database each time i call Session.CreateQuery, why didn't it retrieve record from cache after 1st read??

many thanks.
regards

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]