-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Setting Configuration Properties for Tomcat/ActiveMQ backend
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:53 pm 

I am trying to implement a JMS backend for Hibernate Search indexing.
Using Spring 2.5, Tomcat 6.0.18 with ActiveMQ 5.2 as JMS Provider.
The post referenced in https://www.hibernate.org/421.html has been very helpful however I am missing one piece of the puzzle that I cannot figure out.
How do I set the hibernate search worker properties to refer to the Tomcat resources defined.

e.g. I am trying:

Code:
hibernate.search.worker.jms.connection_factory=jms/ConnectionFactory
hibernate.search.worker.jms.queue=queue/hibernatesearch

to refer to the resources defined in:

Code:
<!-- ActiveMQ ConnectionFactory -->   
<Resource name="jms/ConnectionFactory" auth="Container" type="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"
        description="JMS Connection Factory" factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
        brokerURL="tcp://localhost:61616?trace=true" brokerName="LocalActiveMQBroker"/>

<!-- ActiveMQ HibernateSearch queue -->   
<Resource name="queue/hibernatesearch" auth="Container" type="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue"
        description="Hibernate search queue" factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
        physicalName="HibernateSearchController"/>

Unfortunately, I obviously have some sort of disconnect here.
Getting exceptions at startup (truncated):

Code:
Caused by: org.hibernate.search.SearchException: Unable to lookup Search queue (queue/hibernatesearch) and connection factory (jms/ConnectionFactory)
   at org.hibernate.search.backend.impl.jms.JMSBackendQueueProcessorFactory.prepareJMSTools(JMSBackendQueueProcessorFactory.java:68)
   at org.hibernate.search.backend.impl.jms.JMSBackendQueueProcessorFactory.initialize(JMSBackendQueueProcessorFactory.java:38)
   at org.hibernate.search.backend.impl.BatchedQueueingProcessor.<init>(BatchedQueueingProcessor.java:101)
   at org.hibernate.search.backend.impl.TransactionalWorker.initialize(TransactionalWorker.java:53)
   at org.hibernate.search.backend.WorkerFactory.createWorker(WorkerFactory.java:58)
   at org.hibernate.search.impl.SearchFactoryImpl.<init>(SearchFactoryImpl.java:129)
   at org.hibernate.search.event.ContextHolder.getOrBuildSearchFactory(ContextHolder.java:30)
   at org.hibernate.search.event.FullTextIndexEventListener.initialize(FullTextIndexEventListener.java:59)
   at org.hibernate.event.EventListeners$1.processListener(EventListeners.java:198)
   at org.hibernate.event.EventListeners.processListeners(EventListeners.java:181)
   at org.hibernate.event.EventListeners.initializeListeners(EventListeners.java:194)
   ... 130 more
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jms is not bound in this Context

Does anyone know how or have any experience of setting these worker properties to refer to Tomcat defined Resources?

Would be most grateful for any advice.

Post subject: Re: Setting Configuration Properties for Tomcat/ActiveMQ backend
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:31 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

have you tried: java:comp/env/queue/hibernatesearch and java:comp/env/jms/ConnectionFactory.
Tomcat uses java:comp/env/ as root for JNDI. Have a look at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc ... howto.html.

--Hardy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:19 pm 

Thanks Hardy,

that worked perfectly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:30 am 
Pro
Pro

alanoregan wrote:
Thanks Hardy,

that worked perfectly.

Have you managed to use XA Connection factory for JMS? Our XA Connection factory for JMS is configured in Spring (jencks) and it's being a pain to export as JNDI. Tried exporting the bean as JNDI but the sessionfactory gets created before the bean that exports the xa connection bean into JNDI (I wish libraries weren't specifically designed for Spring). It seems as though jencks will not work anyway. The org.jencks.amqpool.XaPooledConnectionFactory doesn't implement javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory. As a result I get a classcastexception. Is there any example of XA jms connection examples?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]