-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: HibernateTemplate find(sql, params) exception because params
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:24 pm 

Hello

I have following problem,
If I call the find method from the hibernatetemplate of spring, I get an error when I
give a String[] with params.
Here some code:
Code:
String[] params = new String[1];
      params[0] = userName;
      List<AppUser> list = this.getHibernateTemplate().find(
            "from AppUser where login = '?'", params);

That works:
Code:
      List<AppUser> list = this.getHibernateTemplate().find(
            "from AppUser where login = '"+username+"'");

If I try it with Arrays of Strings or Objects I get allways that Exception:
Code:
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Remember that ordinal parameters are 1-based!
   at org.hibernate.engine.query.ParameterMetadata.getOrdinalParameterDescriptor(ParameterMetadata.java:79)
   at org.hibernate.engine.query.ParameterMetadata.getOrdinalParameterExpectedType(ParameterMetadata.java:85)
   at org.hibernate.impl.AbstractQueryImpl.determineType(AbstractQueryImpl.java:421)
   at org.hibernate.impl.AbstractQueryImpl.setParameter(AbstractQueryImpl.java:393)
   at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate$30.doInHibernate(HibernateTemplate.java:923)
   at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.doExecute(HibernateTemplate.java:419)
   at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.executeWithNativeSession(HibernateTemplate.java:374)
   at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.find(HibernateTemplate.java:917)
   at at.mt.mydata.dao.impl.UserDAOImpl.findUser(UserDAOImpl.java:21)
   at at.mt.mydata.service.UserDetailsServiceImpl.loadUserByUsername(UserDetailsServiceImpl.java:23)

login is a String and mapped on that way:
Code:
@Column
    public String getLogin() {
      return login;
   }

public void setLogin(String login) {
      this.login = login;
   }

Anybody an idea why I get allways that exception?

I tryed also to set the parameter 1-based on second place "params[1]",
but same exception

Post subject: Re: HibernateTemplate find(sql, params) exception because params
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:18 pm 
Senior
Senior

Hi ITCreative,

after I scroogled the exception message Remember that ordinal parameters are 1-based! it turns out that this obviously a misleading one not supposed to surface to the API - I guess.

The hints in different places go something like this:
  • check that you really included any mapping file you require (Hibernate cannot tell until queried if you forgot to provide an entity that is not referenced by another one)
  • check if the ID stuff for the entity in question is alright, meaning esp. data types in class and mapping.

That's I all I have for this issue... Good luck!

CU
Froestel

BTW, this one had been issued as a bug in Spring: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR-1598

Post subject: Re: HibernateTemplate find(sql, params) exception because params
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:01 am 

Hi there,

To resolve your problem,you have to remove ' ' here '?'.
your querry should be :

Object[] params = new Object[]{object1,object2};
getHibernateTemplate().find("select r from Table r where r.field=? and r.field2=?",params);

That's it.

Good luck!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]