-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Forward Engineering domain objects to tables
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:16 am 

Hi,

We are creating an application from scratch and wanted to do pure object modelling. We are already in the process of defining our system in objects and was wondering if there are tools that will forward engineer domain objects to database tables? We are using the non-annotation and non-JPA implementation of hibernate. Proposal is to keep all mappings externally in hbm files and nowhere in code. Are there some tools which simplify this process?

Many thanks!
-Rajiv

Post subject: Re: Forward Engineering domain objects to tables
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:48 pm 
Expert
Expert

Hibernate Tools will help you do this!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:15 pm 

I checked hibernate tools and not sure how I can really achieve this. All options seem to be pointing to reverse engineering and not the other way around. Can you point me to some documentation around how I can use hibernate tools to get this done?

Thanks,
Rajiv

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:58 am 
Expert
Expert

If you have an object model, you can just use the SchemaExport class to generate DDL/SQL, or even connect to a Schema and create the underlying database.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]