-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Inheritance Mapping:For tables which don't have a relation
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:55 am 

Hi All,

I have two tables within same schema which don't have a relationship at all.
Say, it's User(ID,loginName,Pasword,etc..) and Customer(ID,country,etc..).

Here, In order to obtain the loginName, pasword, for a customer who have ID 1 we need to look for user who have the ID 1(In the User table). Currently this is done by means of stored procedures.
In my case, I need check whether the user is a Cutomer when some one logs in (Also needs to get both details of User and Customer if the User actually is a customer).

So my approach is to have a Customer class extending User class so that I have all the details required for the above mentioned requirement.

However the problem I have a neither a discriminator column nor relationship between tables to do the inheritance mapping.

Skimming through the Hibernate documentation, what I understood is this is not possible under Hibernate. Any suggestions to accomplish this , or more smart solutions [this doesn't mean my approach is smart, :) ] than my approach is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Knox.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]