-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Disable indexing for particular query
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:25 am 

I have update query for indexed object.
This update query updates only NOT indexed fields. So only save to DB is required.

But I found that in this case Hibernate Search puts object to queue for indexing and invokes all persistence's getters marked for indexing. Its very painful as these getters perform some calculations.

Is there a way to disable indexing for such case?

Post subject: Re: Disable indexing for particular query
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:16 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

There is already a Jira issue for that HSEARCH-361.

At the moment we don't check whether only non indexed properties have changed. The problem is that we for example don't know whether a ClassBridge uses state information from non indexed fields, but it is on our todo list.

--Hardy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:03 am 

Thanks.
For now at least it would be useful to allow programmatically disable/enable indexing. Some kind of pause/resume.

hardy.ferentschik wrote:
There is already a Jira issue for that HSEARCH-361.

At the moment we don't check whether only non indexed properties have changed. The problem is that we for example don't know whether a ClassBridge uses state information from non indexed fields, but it is on our todo list.

--Hardy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:52 pm 

this is just the tip I’m looking for! I was looking for a way to set the noindex tag on a particular page on my WordPress blog, without using a plugin. I was using the RobotsMeta plug in but it is not working in WP 2.6+ for me.

I have a page that I don’t want people to go to directly, I want them to go through another page first. And I have other pages that aren’t useful to show up in the search results.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]