-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problem in building Hibernate application in eclipse
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:18 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I am facing the following problem:
"When I try to run an ant build file using Ant view in Eclipse, I do not get any output in the console. I can see only
a red square button in the console - it just hangs - on pressing the run button, the program terminates but nothing happens. However when I run the same ant build file from command line, everything works fine"

I am using the following softwares: [1]Eclipse Ganymeded version 3.4.1 (in-built ant plugin) [2] Java SE Development
Kit 6 update 13 [2]Windows XP (SP2)

I have tried to rectify the situation as follows:
1)I have uninstalled and reinstalled eclipse - no result
2)I have uninstalled and reinstalled XP - no result

What is more surprising is that I have another machine where the same set of software as mentioned above is installed and
the ant build file runs fine from within eclipse.

Please help - I am struggling with this problem for last 3 days

Post subject: Re: Problem in building Hibernate application in eclipse
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:57 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Since the ant script works outside of eclipse, it doesn't appear (at least to me) that the problem is more likely related to eclipse, rather than hibernate. You may have better success if you ask in the eclipse forums.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:27 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Yeah you are right that the problem is not related to hibernate - it is an eclipse problem. However I made a desparate attempt to find an answer to my problem.
Could please provide me the link to eclipse forum --- actually I tried but could not find an appropriate one.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:09 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I don't use eclipse, so I don't know much about it. However, a few seconds of surfing over at http://www.ecplise.org revealed the following link: http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/ It may not be the right place, but you might find someone there who can direct you in the right direction.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]