-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: java.util.Date parameter - very strange behavior
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:15 pm 

I have a SQLQuery with a parameter like this "... where start_date >= ?", where start_date is Oracle DATE.
I was binding a java.util.Date value with setTime() method, everything worked fine, then the application was used with the different database and the query became like 1000 times slower.

I enabled logging and here is what I saw:

preparing statement
binding '09:59:00' to parameter: ...

Note that there is no indication that the date part was bound, but judging by query results it was. I mean the query returns correct results with the date component of the parameter being used.

When I changed the code to use setTimestamp() the performance with the second database came back to normal.

I just want to understand, what's going on here.

Hibernate version 3.2.5

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]