-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: post-collection-recreate event type not found.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:07 am 
Beginner
Beginner

hi,

My configure of hibernate search in hibernate.cfg/xml :

<event type="post-collection-recreate" >
<listener class="org.hibernate.search.event.FullTextIndexEventListener" />
</event>

had give me an error. since post-collection-recreate (post-collection-remove and post-collection-update too) is not in the list of event type.

I use hibernate 3.3.1.GA , hibernate search 3.1.0 GA. and in the org.hibernate.event also not such PostCollectionRecreateEvent either.

any idea ?

kiwi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:01 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

this might be a classpath problem. Are you running within a conainter? If so make sure that there is no other version of hibernate in the classpath (eg in a shared lib directory).

If this is not the problem, please post some more information about your environment and the full stack trace (if any).

--Hardy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:37 am 
Beginner
Beginner

hi,

i had this error when i use eclipse tool with hibernate-tool Version: 3.2.4.CR2.

when i open the hibernate.cfg.xml , it show that this error:

Attribute "type" with value "post-collection-update" must have a value from the list "auto-flush merge
create create-onflush delete dirty-check evict flush flush-entity load load-collection lock refresh
replicate save-update save update pre-load pre-update pre-insert pre-delete post-load post-update
post-insert post-delete post-commit-update post-commit-insert post-commit-delete ".

but I can run my code using this cfg.xml without any error. I wondering is the event is in use indeed ?

regards,
kiwi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:57 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Are you using Annotations? If so, you can skip the manual configuration of the listeners. If not you will need post-collection-recreate. BTW, there is a PostCollectionRecreateEvent - see http://fisheye.jboss.org/browse/Hiberna ... Event.java
Since you are not able to see this class I would suspect that you are having some classpath issues.

--Hardy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:52 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

hi,

just find out that i refer to the old hibernate API ver 3.2.2 GA which doesn't had the event. (since like the hibernate site still not update the API in website yet : http://www.hibernate.org/5.html#A5)

When I run my code. I doesn't had any error accept the one from hibernate tool.

I think that error could be a bug for hibernate tool, seem like it cannot recognize the new event type yet.

thank !
kiwi

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]