-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: ICriteria, additional restriction in JOIN clause
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:46 am 
Regular
Regular

I've a simple question on how to get to something, but I do not see how I can do it, so therefore, I open this topic. :)

What I have, is 2 classes which map to 2 tables in my DB. These 2 tables have a one to many relationship:

Table : Prestation (PrestationId, Code, ...)
Table : PrestationName (PrestationNameId, PrestationId, Language, Description)

As you can see, a Prestation can have zero to multiple names. Each name is in a certain language.

My objects are very similar:
I have a Prestation class which has a set of PrestationNames.

Now, I want to retrieve an overview of all the Prestations I have, and I want to display them with only one name, which should be in a language that I define.

I do this using Projections & ResultTransformers:
Code:
ICriteria crit = session.CreateCriteria(typeof(Prestation));

crit.CreateAlias ("Names", "n", JoinType.LeftOuterJoin).
    Add(Restrictions.Eq("n.Language", somelanguage));

crit.SetProjection ( .... );

crit.SetResultTransformer(Transformers.AliasToBean ( ... ));

return crit.List<PrestationView>();

Now, this all works fine in most of the situations. The above ICriteria results in the follwing query:
Code:
select ....
FROM Prestation
LEFT OUTER JOIN PrestationName ON Prestation.Id = PrestationName.PrestationId
WHERE PrestationName.Language = 1

However, this gives a little problem when I have a Prestation which does not have a Name for languagecode=1: this prestation is not present in my result-set, but I do want to have it present, be it with an empty name.

So, in fact, the SQL query that I want NHIbernate to generate for me, would be :
Code:
select ...
FROM Prestation
LEFT OUTER JOIN PrestationName n ON Prestation.Id  = n.PrestationId AND n.Language = 1

(Note that I filter in the JOIN clause, instead of in the WHERE clause).

Is there any way or possibility to do this using an ICriteria query ? And if so, how can i do this ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:41 am 
Regular
Regular

Is this not possible, or does nobody have an idea how i could ressolve this ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:10 am 
Regular
Regular

I was just browsing thru the Hibernate reference manual, and I saw that you have the possiblity to specify extra join conditions in HQL using the 'with' keyword.
So, I was going to try this, but NHibernate throws an exception saying that he doesn't know the with keyword ... ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:51 am 

Indeed, supplying additional conditions in join would make NHibernate much more usable

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]