-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: OneToMany to List<Integer> not List<ClassMappedInTa
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:10 pm 

Dear all,
I have in table, let's call it table A that is mapped into a class A. Then i have a table B that just contains 3 columns a_id, a reference to a value in the table A, position, and int_value.

I need to get in the class A a List<Integer> with the values from the table B ordered by the column 'position'. It looks very simple... and maybe it is, but all the examples i found map always first the table B to a class B and so they have something like:
@OneToMany(targetEntity = ClassB.class, cascade = CascadeType.ALL, mappedBy = "group", fetch = FetchType.LAZY)

But in this case there's no classB it is just an integer value. I can't see the way to tell hibernate to get the values from table B to create a list of integers in table a without making a silly class B extending Integer which i feel is very goofy.

Well... it looks as i said simple and i am sure there must be a way to solve it. I think it is a common thing so there must be a solution. Googeling didn't gelp much... i hope one of you guys know it.

Thanks in advance,
Dani.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:18 pm 
Regular
Regular

A List or a Bag might work in this case (without creating ClassB).
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/annot ... ml_single/

LinHib.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:34 pm 

Hi Lin,
thanks for your reply.
Yes, I need a List. It is a list of integers what i need to create from the table B, but i can't see the way even reding again about lists and bags to specify it to the hibernate without saying that it is a list of objects B where the class B has an annotation saying class B is mapped from table B. I just see, as I said, examples where thez use 'mappedBy' and specify another class. I don't see how to say, mappedBy(column X) and table B.
Dani.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:03 pm 
Regular
Regular

How about something like this:

@org.hibernate.annotations.CollectionOfElements(
targetElement = java.lang.Integer.class
)
@JoinTable(
name = "TableB",
joinColumns = @JoinColumn(name = "a_id?")
)
@Column(name = "POSITION")
private List<Integer> positions = new ArrayList<Integer>();

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:45 am 

Hi Lin,
I can't wait till next Monday morning to try it!
I will tell you the result.
Thanks very much and have a nice weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:07 am 

Hi Lin,

thank you very much for your help. Your mesasge set me in the right direction.
The final version making it work is:

@org.hibernate.annotations.CollectionOfElements(
targetElement = java.lang.Integer.class
)
@JoinTable(
name = "tableB",
joinColumns = @JoinColumn(name = "Aid_in_B")
)
@IndexColumn(name="order_of_value_in_B", base = 1)
@Column(name = "value_in_B")

Thanks,
Dani.

Post subject: Re: OneToMany to List<Integer> not List<ClassMappedInTa
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:10 am 

Can any help me with this? It's similar but I need to do it without annotations and using the mapping xml instead:

I have a Center and Examinee as beans and a mapping table with id,examinee_id,center_id

I want to retrieve a list of center_id as a list in each Examinee bean. I origianlly had:

Code:
<set name="centers" lazy="false" order-by="center_id" inverse="true" cascade="all-delete-orphan" table="ot_examinee_center_map">
            <key column="examinee_id" />
            <many-to-many column="center_id" class="com.webaccess.onlinetest.model.beans.Center" />
</set>

but this gives a set with Center beans. I need to instead retrieve a List of center_id for each Examinee.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]