-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mapping relationship with partial composite key column
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:25 pm 

Working on Hibernate 3.2.4ga, calling Oracle 10. It is likely I am not setting this up properly; however, here is my case.

I have 2 legacy database tables. The first table is called "TITLES". It contains a fk with the column name "TITL_BOOK_CAT". The second table is called "BOOKCAT_ACCESS" and contains a non-generated/non-sequential composite pk of columns named "BCCA_BOOK_CATEGORY" and "BCCA_ACCESS_LVL".

My goal is to setup a relationship between the Titles and BookCatAccess entities such that each Title could have one to many BookCatAccess entities. I have tried various ways to map this relationship; however, I have not been able to get the results I expected.

Below is the source code:

@Entity
@Table(name="TITLES")
public class Titles {
@Column(name="TITL_BOOK_CAT")
private String titleBookCat;

...<getters and setters for titleBookCat>...

@OneToMany
@JoinColumn(name="BCCA_BOOK_CATEGORY", referencedColumnName="TITL_BOOK_CAT")
private List<BookCatAccess> bookCategoryAccessList;

...<getters and setters for bookCategoryAccessList>...

}

@Entity
@Table(name="BOOKCAT_ACCESS")
public class BookCatAccess {

@EmbeddedId
private BookCatAccessId id;

...<getters and setters for id>...

@Embeddable
public class BookCatAccessId implements Serializable {
@Column(name="BCCA_BOOK_CATEGORY")
private String bookCategory;

@Column(name="BCCA_ACCESS_LVL")
private Long accessLevel;
}
}

I do not get SQL back as this call results in a ClassCastException.

Any direction or advice would be helpful.

Mike

Hopefully I have described the problem well enough. Any advice or direction would be helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:02 pm 

Made some changes to see what I could do here.

In the BookCatAccess class, I changed to use @IdClass. Got a little farther than before.

@Entity
@Table(name="BOOKCAT_ACCESS")
@IdClass(BookCatAccess.BookCatAccessId.class)
public class BookCatAccess {

@Id
@Id

@Embeddable
public class BookCatAccessId implements Serializable {

@Column(name="BCCA_BOOK_CATEGORY")

@Column(name="BCCA_ACCESS_LVL")
}

My titles class now has the following for it's mapping (I removed the referenced name):

@OneToMany()
@JoinColumn(name="BCCA_BOOK_CATEGORY")
private List<BookCatAccess> bookCategoryAccessList;

Interestingly, now I have a query coming back properly; however, it using the value of the primary key on the Titles entity rather than the join column I have specified. In other words, it should bind to 'V' rather than '3434610'.

select bookcatego0_.BCCA_BOOK_CATEGORY as BCCA2_1_,
bookcatego0_.BCCA_ACCESS_LVL as BCCA1_1_,
bookcatego0_.BCCA_ACCESS_LVL as BCCA1_11_0_,
bookcatego0_.BCCA_BOOK_CATEGORY as BCCA2_11_0_,
bookcatego0_.BCCA_QTY_LIMIT as BCCA3_11_0_,
bookcatego0_.BCCA_SHOW_PRICE_FLAG as BCCA4_11_0_
from BOOKCAT_ACCESS bookcatego0_
where bookcatego0_.BCCA_BOOK_CATEGORY='3434610'

So, next I changed the @JoinColumn above my Titles list to the following:

@JoinColumn(name="BCCA_BOOK_CATEGORY", referencedColumnName="TITL_BOOK_CAT")

Now, I am getting a new error. Its a ClassCastException:

[junit] Error: com.fb.model.Titles
[junit] java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fb.model.Titles
[junit] at org.hibernate.type.CollectionType.getKeyOfOwner(CollectionType.java:348)
[junit] at org.hibernate.type.CollectionType.resolve(CollectionType.java:368)
[junit] at org.hibernate.engine.TwoPhaseLoad.initializeEntity(TwoPhaseLoad.java:116)
[junit] at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.initializeEntitiesAndCollections(Loader.java:854)
[junit] at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:729)
[junit] at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:236)
[junit] at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.loadEntity(Loader.java:1860)
[junit] at org.hibernate.loader.entity.AbstractEntityLoader.load(AbstractEntityLoader.java:48)
[junit] at org.hibernate.loader.entity.AbstractEntityLoader.load(AbstractEntityLoader.java:42)
[junit] at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.load(AbstractEntityPersister.java:3044)
[junit] at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener.loadFromDatasource(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:395)
[junit] at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener.doLoad(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:375)
[junit] at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener.load(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:139)
[junit] at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener.onLoad(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:98)
[junit] at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.fireLoad(SessionImpl.java:878)
[junit] at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.immediateLoad(SessionImpl.java:836)
[junit] at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.initialize(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:66)
[junit] at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.getImplementation(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:111)
[junit] at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.cglib.CGLIBLazyInitializer.invoke(CGLIBLazyInitializer.java:150)
[junit] at com.fb.model.Titles$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$602e545c.getTitleCatalogNumber(<generated>)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]