-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: FSSlaveDirectoryProvider - Unable to synchronize
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:04 pm 

Hi,

I am indexing in the configuration that uses master and slave. On the slave part the "live" index needs to synchronize with the updates it gets from the master on a different directory.

Currently when the index got to above 2GB the synchronization failed due to out of memory exception.

What should be the jvm config in order for it to succeed? I am a little surprised that the size of the index matters for the file synchronization. I do not expect it to read all the data from the index files prior to writing it to the other location.
What configuration parameters are available if any in Hibernate Search to control this process?

For the moment I had to copy it manually...

Thanks,
Arie.

Post subject: There is a reported bug on this
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:39 am 

http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=987323

http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... SEARCH-205

And it is indicated that this is solved for 3.1.0 but this is the version I am using and the bug is still there exactly as reported in the forum thread above.

Post subject: My mistake
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:43 am 

My mistake. I am at the moment running 3.0.1. I will try to use 3.1.0 and see if this is solved.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]