-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Confirmation of Hibernate Data
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:56 am 

hai i am using hibernate with my project and i have put the hibernate code in my DAO layer of my struts app my query is

is it better approach to put the hibernate code in the DAO layer ?
how can i make sure in java program that particular data is inserted or not in my database ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:18 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Quote:
hai i am using hibernate with my project and i have put the hibernate code in my DAO layer of my struts app my query is

should there be a query snippet following?

I dont't know if I get you question right but in general, sure it is correct to put hibernate code into the DAO layer. A very handy approach how to separate DAO components into database dependend and independent code is given in the tutorial (or more verbose in the hibernate book):

http://www.hibernate.org/328.html

If you need a set of data inserted into DB at startup you can consider classes storing some plain files (CSV, XML whatever) via DAO into DB or more elegant use a framework. E.g. DBUnit offers a simple tool for exporting and importing data. [/url]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]