-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: streaming binary data - what port/protocol does hb/java use?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:55 pm 

I use the system setting hibernate.jdbc.use_streams_for_binary=true to stream blob/clob data from a remote oracle db to my local dev web app on my laptop.

This works great from many different locations where I do dev work, except at corporate hq. A new firewall has been put up there, and now my web app stalls when querying my user prefs blob from the db.

How can I find out which port and protocol java io is using to stream this data so I can tell the IT guys what to un-block? I can use SQL developer to access the data fine using TNS or JDBC, so I'm guessing it's a low-level java io thing. Can anyone clue me in?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]