-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: MySQL connections count
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:54 pm 

Hi everyone:

I'm using Hibernate 3.2.5 with MySql 5.1. I'm building a Web app using J2EE and Tomcat. I put in a servlet the next test code

Session sesion = HibernateUtil.getSessionFactory().openSession();
sesion.beginTransaction();

Usuario usr = new Usuario();
UsuarioHome usrDal = new UsuarioHome();

usr = usrDal.findById("ff8081811dd7e638011dd7e76b910002", sesion);

sesion.getTransaction().commit();

This works prefectly, the problem is that, when I see the MySQL Administrator Client in the "Server Connections" tab, I see that after I execute my servlet, two more connections are generated, but they don't dissapear, instead they appear as "sleep". If I do a sesion.close() I get an exception because it says that commit() already closed the sesion.

So, the question is... is it normal that mySQL keep this connections??, do I have to configure something in my Hibernate mappings, MySql or Tomcat.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You in advance for your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:27 am 
Regular
Regular

hibernate keeps some connection in DB for using connection pool support.
Use explicit transaction i.e., create transaction object and commit that object.

Post subject: Solved
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:07 pm 

I tried what you suggested Madan_Prabhu without success. But the problem was solved when I started using c3P0 Connection Pool. Thank you for your answer anyway.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]