-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help in HQL Query
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:25 pm 

I have a very simple model consisting of Forum, Threads and Posts. A Forum can have multiple Threads and a Thread can have multiple Posts. I have everything setup.
Now I need to write a query to get me the following:
Forum Name, Forum Description, Number of Threads in the Forum, Number of Posts in the Forum and the Time when the last post was made on that Forum.
I can write this query in SQL easily but am stuck in HQL. Can anyone help out with how this query can be written, please bear with me as I am still learning.

Post subject: Re: Help in HQL Query
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:27 pm 

The nearest I came was this query
select p.BelongsToThread.BelongsToForum.Name, p.BelongsToThread.BelongsToForum.Description, count(p), max(p.PostedAt)
from Post p
right outer join p.BelongsToThread.BelongsToForum
group by p.BelongsToThread.BelongsToForum.Name, p.BelongsToThread.BelongsToForum.Description

This gives me everything except the number of threads in the forum.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]