-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Refresh() BUG :(
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:51 pm 

Hi!

I have a class named Person with two bags. For example first bag has 1 element and second bag has 5 element. After calling Refresh on my Person class I have in the first bag 5 element instead of 1!!! There are 5 clones of the right element.

Thanks for anwers.
Chris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:09 pm 

Could you please post an example? It's kind of hard to understand your problem from your description...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:46 am 

Please look at this:
http://jira.nhibernate.org/browse/NH-1604

If you are using NHibernate 2.0.1 you should test that issue, because it's critical.

Last edited by jesiu on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:38 am 

I can see you have already added a Jira issue.

I am unable to reproduce your problem though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:26 am 

Why you can't reproduce the problem? Do you have good results?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:06 pm 

Well, actually I didn't use NHibernate native. I used ActiveRecord to generate an identical mapping schema, which works as intended.

I'll try to see if I can do the same with native NHibernate, when I get the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:46 pm 

Thanks for your time. Maybe there is a problem with mapping... It will be great if you could find some time to test it with hbm mapping :)

BTW. Current ActiveRecord version is not stable and it's invented by the guy, who has moved to Microsoft, so I recommend to reflect on using ActiveRecord.

Chris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:47 am 

Sure no problem :)

Regarding the stability of ActiveRecord I don't agree with you. I have used it in several production systems and it is very stable. I think Ayende would agree with me on that point. However, I think it is becoming a bit of a pain that it isn't updated as regularely as I could wish for - I guess that's the penalty for using such a productivity framework :|

Anyway, I think I might get the time to look at your problem today. I must admit it does seem a bit odd :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:54 am 

Please check this issue, because this is is very bad bug! My friend have tested it and it is a true bug.

Here is a working example in FireBird Embedded database.

http://www.mavel.pl/fb.zip (3 MB because I included a references to FireBird and NHibernate).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]