-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: HibernateSearch: Store more than one class in one index
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:55 pm 

Hi all,
I would like to store in one index the data of many classes. I wrote a specific class bridge to do this on the main class (Bibnnotice) who refererence other classes. Also I would like to update this index when a referenced class is updated (Bibntitre). I don't want that referenced class
store own data in her own index.
My problem, if I use @ContainedIn annotation on bibnnotice attribute in Bibntitre and I don't add @indexed on Bibntitre, a modification on Bibntitre instance not update Bibnnotice index. Also I don't want to use @IndexEmbedded on my bibntitres attribute, because I do a treatment on data stored.
See a piece of source code below:

Code:
@Entity
@Table(name="BIB_N_NOTICE")
@Indexed
@ClassBridge(name="noticeIndexation",
        index=Index.TOKENIZED,
        store=Store.YES,
        impl = BibnnoticeIndexationClassBridge.class)
public class Bibnnotice extends AfiHomeAnnotations implements java.io.Serializable
{
    @DocumentId
     private Integer id;

//@IndexedEmbedded
     private Set<Bibntitre> bibntitres = new HashSet<Bibntitre>(0);
}@Entity
@Table(name = "BIB_N_TITRE")
@Indexed
public class Bibntitre extends AfiHomeAnnotations implements java.io.Serializable {
  //@DocumentId
   private Integer id;
  @ContainedIn
  private Bibnnotice bibnnotice;
}

Thanks for an help.
JPP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:37 am 

To resume, I would like a mechanism that update Bibnnotice data in index when a Bibntitre is created,updated without indexing Bibntitre data.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:29 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

I am not quite sure I understand everything correctly. Generally, you should be able to use @indexedEmbedded and @ContainedIn without annotating Bibntitre with @Indexed. Which version of Hibernate Search are you using and what does not work if you leave out the @Indexed anotation?

Why do you not want to use the @IndexedEmbedded annotation? Can you explain this in more detail. I don't understand why using this annotation should cause a problem.

--Hardy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:26 pm 

I have just look for response to my post (I thought I will receive an email when a response will be post).

Now I try an other solution to index my data, because of null pointer exception and the long time for indexation process.
I have created a subclass of FullTextIndexEventListener and I load data to index from database by criteria to reduce time. I create lucene Document manually.

Thanks for your response
JPP

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]