-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Delete Cascade, with getHibernateTemplate().delete
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:55 am 

Hi all,
I wanted to delete an entity, I am using getHibernateTemplate().delete(entity). It works fine except when I have an OneToOne association set.

Code:
//basic entity def and all things
class SomeObject{

//The rest of the code works fine
   @OneToOne(fetch=FetchType.LAZY)
    @Cascade( { CascadeType.ALL})    // I tried with CascadeType.DELETE  and DELETE_ORPHAN
    @ForeignKey(name="SOME_FK_COS_I_NEED_IT_IN_DB")
    private SomeOtherObject newObject;   

}

Now in my service when i try to call getHibernateTemplate().delete() it gives me error saying that SOME_FK_COS_I_NEED_IT_IN_DB constraint violated. So it is deleting SomeOtherObject even before deleting SomeObeject, how can I ask them do it opposit, ie delete SomeObject then SomeOtherObject

Hibernate version:3.2.3.ga

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:58 pm 

Can any one tell me ? how do cascade.delete work?

Well if I have an Entity A and which have an Entity B

Code:
@Entity
Class A{

@OneToOne(fetch=FetchType.LAZY)
    @Cascade( { CascadeType.SAVE_UPDATE, CascadeType.DELETE})
    B b;
}

If I ask them to delete A, how will they delete?

Will they delete A then B, or remove Association with A and B Delete B and come back and delete A?

Well when i though both has there advantage and disadvantages
like if i delete A first I have to keep track of B, if there are n members all the n.

If the reverse is done then they have to remove association every time before deleting.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]