-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: how to initialize schema in dynamic web project in eclipse
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:30 pm 

HI

I'm using the hibernate annotation. I've got all my entities ready. but I used a main function which contains configuration rather than that hibernate.cfg.xml... I'd like to know how to make it automatically do the initialisation when I run the project on tomcat server??? I'm new to hibernate and I dont know too much with this.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:47 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

when working in a webapp you usually bootstrap Hibernate from a Servlet or Filter. You can write your own, but depending on which framework you are using a Hibernate integration might be already included. Spring eg offers a OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter or OpenSessionInViewFilter
to boostrap Hibernate. This filters also ensure that a Hibernate session exists while a request gets served. Have a read about the Open Session in View pattern: http://hibernate.org/43.html.

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]