-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mapping components using shared columns
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:12 am 

Hi all!

What I'm trying to do is some kind of "view" of a objects, mapped as a component. Let's say I have the following class:

Code:

@Entity
public class A {

private Integer x;
    private Integer y;
    private Integer z;

@Embedded
    private ComponentA a;

@Embedded
    private ComponentB b;

// etc...
}

@Embeddable
public class ComponentA {
    Integer x;
    Integer y;
    // etc...
}

@Embeddable
public class ComponentB {
    Integer y;
    Integer z;
    // etc...
}

What I want to do is that each component use several columns from class A, but at the same time, class A has them also mapped separately. Not only that but the components can share some columns also.

¿Is it possible in any way? Mapped as showed doesn't work as the shared columns names must be overriden.

I know that the way should be createn table views in the database but I wondered if there was any other way using mappings.

Thank you all.

Post subject: Re: Mapping components using shared columns
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:21 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

satanicoPlan wrote:
What I want to do is that each component use several columns from class A, but at the same time, class A has them also mapped separately. Not only that but the components can share some columns also.

I don't understand what you mean. What do you try to achieve? What is your usecase?

satanicoPlan wrote:
¿Is it possible in any way? Mapped as showed doesn't work as the shared columns names must be overriden.

That's correct. In order to have multiple components of the same type you have to overrise column names.

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]