-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: hibernate search indexing a subclass to nonindex base
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:58 pm 
Regular
Regular

3.0.0 GA
3.2.6 GA

So i have a basic problem.

I have a class A.java

its plain old A.hbm.xml and A.java

than i have another class call B.java and B.hbm.xml

1.) and i want to do hibernate search index on that (if i extend A), and A is not index well B index include information from A.

2.) If i have A included in B via as a property.

B.getA()
B.setA(A a);

And i say indexEmbedded will it be able to index A even though A is never index from hibernate search.

Cause the problem is that I don't want all the class annotated. I only want the subclass and some of it annotated.

Post subject: Re: hibernate search indexing a subclass to nonindex base
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:03 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

I am not sure I understand your questions correctly, but I will try:

cablepuff wrote:
1.) and i want to do hibernate search index on that (if i extend A), and A is not index well B index include information from A.

No, only properties which are annotated with @Field are indexed. So if class B extends class A and only class B is annotated with @Indexed, only the fields within B which are annotated with @Field will get indexed.

cablepuff wrote:
2.) If i have A included in B via as a property.

B.getA()
B.setA(A a);

And i say indexEmbedded will it be able to index A even though A is never index from hibernate search.

Yes, you will be able to index A. For example you could have a @OneToOne mapping from class B to A. If you then also add @IndexEmbedded you get the behavior you are after.

--Hardy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:26 am 
Regular
Regular

thanks. however i have it in hbm.xml

<property name = "A" class ="A" column = "A_COLUMN"/>

how would hte generated column look like,.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]