-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Dialect development
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:43 am 

Hi Everyone,
I wish to develop a dialect for SQLMX - a database on HP Non Stop Kernel, so that hibernate can be used in java programs using this database. In accordance with this requirement i need some guidelines for development of a dialect in hibernate framework. Any other suggestions and help is always welcomed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:10 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Are you going to develop it for some commercial project or just want to add SQLdialect for SQLMX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:45 pm 
Expert
Expert

You might actually want to start by looking at some of the code for other dialects that have already been developed. Probably not a bad place to go.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:39 am 

Cameron McKenzie---Thanks for your suggesion. I am working on that line itself but one issue is that for every dialect of different database there are some methods of main dialect class that are overriden for a particular a database and not for the others. So i wanted to on what basis these selections are done and how i can make all the properties of my database to be explored via hibernate.

Post subject: Re: Hibernate Dialect development
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:22 am 

Hi,

I am develping hibernate dialect for my one of our database. i have extended Dialect file and Registered the All the Function and Keywords for Database.

Almost Everything working Fine but i need to use Dialect to run Following Query

List l = session.createQuery("from Employee for brows access").list();

Expected HQL to SQL conversion is as follows

select * from Employee for browse access

I am not able to figure out Which Method of org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect.java have to override to achive this

Please forgive me for my English and Spellings

Thanks in Advance

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]