-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:30 pm 

Hai friends...

I want to introduce Hibernate in my project so I just started to refer some books .. that book shows hibernate can be introduced in project as two three ways...

Importing normal Hibernate package. Or using JPA, or EJB...

I can't understand what they mean .... Can any one please tell me what is the real way introduce the Hibernate...

Now am using layered architecture with iBatis..

Action --> Service ----> Domain(DTO's) ---->Persistence ----> iBatis DAO ---> DATABASE

I want to use hibernate from Domain(DTO's) ..

Can any one please give some advice ...
thanks to all ....
Edit/Delete Message

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:27 am 
Pro
Pro

Hi anishanc,

first of all: if you post a message here, you should be more specific in the subject title. Who might be interested in a message named "Hibernate" on the Hibernate forum?

Responding to your questions, the first thing to say is: that depends. You can use Hibernate in various ways - and you must determine who to use it.

I think the first preference should be using JPA - after all it is a standard (and the Hibernate people are in the standard comitee).

Then, if you use the JPA interfaces with Hibernate, you can always fallback to native Hibernate (Hibernate specific annotations, Hibernate specific interfaces) if you want to use special features or need special performance tuning.

The other question would be: to use EJB (and an application server like JBoss) or not. My preference is using EJB because you then have automatic transaction management and you have simpler methods.

If using EJBs the next questions would be: is your server stateful or not? Do you need "long" transactions? Do you work with "detached objects" or not?

You can see, you have a lot of design possibilities - it is up to you to decide!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]