-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Using NHibernate with SQL Server Full Text Search (FTS)
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:16 pm 

Does anyone have any familiarity with using Microsoft SQL Server 2005's Full Text search with NHibernate? Specifically, I want to be able to have my search results returned as the C# objects.

Right now I am solving the problem using CreateSQLQuery. Ideally I would solve this using HQL. The problem is further compounded my the fact that the class that I want to return is a subclass. This means particularly nasty queries of the form:

Code:
select {subclass.*} from subclass {subclass} join superclass as subclass_1_ on subclass_1_.guid = subclass.guid where (contains(content,:query)

As you can see I have had to hard code "subclass_1_" into the query. If you have any idea how to do this better, your help would be much appreciated.

Then I was trying to get it to work with HQL:
Code:
   public class SQLServerDialectWithFTS : MsSql2005Dialect
   {
      public SQLServerDialectWithFTS()
         : base()
      {

RegisterFunction("CONTAINS", new StandardSQLFunction("CONTAINS", NHibernateUtil.Boolean));
         RegisterFunction("FREETEXT", new StandardSQLFunction("FREETEXT", NHibernateUtil.Boolean));
      }
   }

and used the following HQL:
Code:
FROM Subclass sn WHERE CONTAINS(sn.Content,'asdf')

but this throws an exception:
Quote:
[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index]
System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index) +7541816
NHibernate.Hql.Classic.WhereParser.CloseExpression(QueryTranslator q, String lcToken) +368
NHibernate.Hql.Classic.WhereParser.Token(String token, QueryTranslator q) +758
NHibernate.Hql.Classic.WhereParser.End(QueryTranslator q) +102
NHibernate.Hql.Classic.ClauseParser.EndChild(QueryTranslator q) +34
NHibernate.Hql.Classic.ClauseParser.End(QueryTranslator q) +50
NHibernate.Hql.Classic.PreprocessingParser.End(QueryTranslator q) +44
NHibernate.Hql.Classic.ParserHelper.Parse(IParser p, String text, String seperators, QueryTranslator q) +232
NHibernate.Hql.Classic.QueryTranslator.Compile() +95

[QueryException: Incorrect query syntax [FROM DataAccessManager.Core.Domain.Subclass sn WHERE CONTAINS(sn.Content,'asdf')]]
NHibernate.Hql.Classic.QueryTranslator.Compile() +224
NHibernate.Hql.Classic.QueryTranslator.Compile(IDictionary replacements, Boolean scalar) +54
NHibernate.Impl.SessionFactoryImpl.GetQuery(String queryString, Boolean shallow, IDictionary enabledFilters) +135
NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.GetQueries(String query, Boolean scalar) +34
NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Find(String query, QueryParameters parameters, IList results) +132
NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Find(String query, QueryParameters parameters) +69
NHibernate.Impl.QueryImpl.List() +151

Any help would be appreciated.

Using NHibernate 1.2.1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:09 pm 

The problem seems to be in specifying the return type as "NHibernateUtil.Boolean"

The parser is expecting CONTAINS to be a function with return type boolean.
If I change
Code:
FROM Subclass sn WHERE CONTAINS(sn.Content,'asdf')
to be:

Code:
FROM Subclass sn WHERE CONTAINS(sn.Content,'asdf') = 'true'
then the parser does not throw the above mentioned exception. Unfortunately this is no longer valid SQL, so SQL server complains

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:44 am 
Regular
Regular

Fixed in r4123, will be available on NH 2.1

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]