-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Would like to contribute to Hibernate. Where to start?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:03 am 
Senior
Senior

Hi,
I am new to hibernate community. I would like to fix a defect that I opened in JIRA. How should get the hibernate tools code? How can I check out and checkin. Senior members please help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:17 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

http://www.hibernate.org/268.html has most of the information. might need some updating, let me know if something doesn't work.

You get commit rights when you show you can do proper fixes with unittests ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:31 am 
Senior
Senior

Thanks max! Will get back to you if I have doubts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:21 am 
Senior
Senior

I have the following doubts:
I want to work on hibernate tools.

1) I am using eclipse to checkout from hibernate SVN. Should I check out Hibernate3 and HibernateEXt from the SVN as two sepererate projects?
2) I use this http://anonhibernate.labs.jboss.com/branches/Branch_3_2/HibernateExt/

for HibernateExt and http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/core/trunk to check out Hibernate3 core. Are they the right SVN URLs? If yes, What are the minimal things I need to check out from the these URLs? Maybe its a dumb question but still this is the first time I am using SVN so please help.

3) How can I assign a bug in JIRA to myself. Or is it not needed at all? Is it like I just work on the issue without assigning the issue.

Sorry if I am asking really basic questions :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:35 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Sukirtha wrote:
1) I am using eclipse to checkout from hibernate SVN. Should I check out Hibernate3 and HibernateEXt from the SVN as two sepererate projects?

I do 2 svn checkouts (core and hibernateext) and then create a project per module in hibernateext (hibernateext.common, hibernateext.tools etc.) in eclipse.

Quote:

yup.

Quote:
for HibernateExt and http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/core/trunk to check out Hibernate3 core.

HibernateExt Tools targets Hibernate 3.2 at the moment. 3.3 should work fine though.

Quote:
3) How can I assign a bug in JIRA to myself. Or is it not needed at all? Is it like I just work on the issue without assigning the issue.

For now just submit patches to jira.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:20 am 
Senior
Senior

Thank You Max. Will get back to you if I face problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:40 am 
Senior
Senior

Quote:
I do 2 svn checkouts (core and hibernateext) and then create a project per module in hibernateext (hibernateext.common, hibernateext.tools etc.) in eclipse

1) Ok so I create projects for each module in the HibernateExt. But what about core. Should I extract the source available in core and create it as a seperate java project?

2) Also, the sub modules in HibernateExt require dependencies jars for compilation. Where can I get these jar files from? Currently the projects won't compile as the jar files are not available.

3) Should I define project dependencies for each of these sub projects and also for the core?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:23 am 
Senior
Senior

1) If I had to work only with hibernate tool, Do I require the hibernate core and the other HibernateExt submodules in workspace? I can see that the tools sub module under HibernateExt has its own set of libraries defined, including hibernate3.jar and other hibernate related jars. In that case, is checking out of hibernate core and other Extension sub modules essential. Please clarify.

2) I put all the dependency jar files in my tools project. But I find compilation errors for antlr. Can I use any version of antlr or is there any recommended version?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:11 am 
Senior
Senior

Anybody???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:08 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

1) yes it needs hibernate core. the hibernate3.jar in there is only used for testing at the moment.

2) use the version in hibernate core.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:56 am 
Senior
Senior

Quote:
1) yes it needs hibernate core. the hibernate3.jar in there is only used for testing at the moment.

Fine. But for now I am using hibernate3.jar as I am only trying to execute hbm2java and hibernateToolTask. Just one more doubt. To submit a patch, should I be giving junit test case. I have never used junit before. I am testing the patch by creating a sample application for hbm2java. What should I do? Please let me know your suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:08 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

depends on what the patch does ...but yes, unittests will definitly be usefull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:25 am 
Senior
Senior

Patch resolves an issue in java class creation from hbm. Issue key HBX-1047 in hibernate tools. Well, then I'll try to give test cases too. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:53 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

cool.

look for Hbm2JavaConstructorTest ...you should be able to add/adjust it for the relevant test of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:58 am 
Senior
Senior

Thanks for the hint. It saved my time. However, when I try to execute the testMinimal() testcase in Hbm2JavaConstructorTest class, I get an exception.

Code:
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: Expected were higher, Last: {TABLE_SCHEM=null, REMARKS=, TABLE_CAT=sample, TABLE_NAME=company, TABLE_TYPE=TABLE} expected:<0> but was:<1>
   at org.hibernate.tool.BaseTestCase.assertHasNext(BaseTestCase.java:183)
   at org.hibernate.tool.BaseTestCase.assertHasNext(BaseTestCase.java:163)
   at org.hibernate.tool.BaseTestCase.assertNoTables(BaseTestCase.java:155)
   at org.hibernate.tool.BaseTestCase.tearDown(BaseTestCase.java:119)
   at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:130)
   at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
   at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
   at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
   at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)

This error is not due to the patch that I created because I tried executing the actual code from the svn and I still get the same exception. For the testcases to be executed, is there a specific schema design? I am using a database schema with few irrelevant tables.

I do not get the exception if I commented

Code:
if(actual > expected) {
         throw new ComparisonFailure((reason==null?"Expected were higher":reason)+", Last: " + last, ""+expected, ""+actual);
      }

from assertHasNext(String reason, int expected, Iterator iterator) test case inside the BaseTestCase class (line 182-184).
Any suggestions?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next