-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: "Multi table Entities" (using the Join element)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:46 pm 

NHibernate version: 1.21

I have a class who's data belongs in two tables, so I was attempting to do what is described here: http://www.ayende.com/Blog/archive/2007 ... rnate.aspx

That is, to use the "Join" element. Unfortunately I get an error saying the element "Join" is not expected and I can't actually find any documentation on "Join" in the installed documentation.

The post above was written in April 2007 and version 1.21 was released in October/November so I would have expected the functionality to be there.

Can someone please clarify if "Join" is supported by version 1.21 (or is "Join" called something else)?

If Join is not supported by the curent release is there a nightly build available?

Thanks,

Callum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:49 am 
Expert
Expert

<join> is not included in 1.2.x. It is available as a patch to that version (not sure where, this is a question for Karl Chu who wrote it).

It will be integrated into NH 2.0.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 am 

Thanks for the reply.

What is the best way for me to get hold of this feature? Should I download the latest version of the Trunk and build that? (How stable would that be?)

Alternatively (I am going to guess you are sick of hearing the question), roughly how long until Version 2.0? 3 months? 6 months? 12months?

Callum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:59 pm 
Expert
Expert

From my eavesdropping on the dev list, 2.0.0 alpha 1 should be dropping very soon, probably within the month. If you want to build the feature into 1.2.1 yourself, I would suggest searching on "join element" on the forums and on the dev list. I know this has come up several times in the past.

I wouldn't suggest writing to the dev list about this... that just annoys them :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:11 am 

Thankyou for the information, I guess I can wait a month or so.

Callum

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]